This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metal gear solid legacy collection question

#1Second_HokagePosted 11/2/2013 5:45:31 PM
the only metal gear solid game i played was 4, but i never finished it before trading it away. The series has always interested me, and i wouldn't mind getting into it. Is the legacy collection the perfect start?

are metal gear solid 1-3 the HD versions?
#2Captain_UraharaPosted 11/2/2013 5:48:20 PM
MGS2, MGS3, and MGS Peace Walker are HD. MGS1 is not HD. It's a download code to get it from the PSN Store alongside MGS VR Missions.
#3suprsoliderPosted 11/2/2013 6:02:29 PM
MGS isn't in HD, it's just the PS1 game.

MGS2 and 3 and Peace Walker are in HD

You would still be missing some of the story since they didn't put Portable Ops on the disc (Kojima doesn't like that game anymore, I don't understand why, it was good).

Oh and for those who say nothing of importance happened in Portable Ops, you are dead wrong and it ties directly into MGS4.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#4OemeniaPosted 11/2/2013 7:16:14 PM
Apparently Kojima no longer supports PO's canon status. Then again he hates the PSone MGS translation which is far superior and better adapted than the Twin Snakes version.

BTW just how good is PO, it's meant to have quite a large storyline but the environments look all samey and bland. Ive played Peace Walker and enjoyed it but you could definitely tell the PSP severely limited it.
---
100% PC/PS3/360
#5RadioOutriderPosted 11/2/2013 7:34:03 PM(edited)
suprsolider posted...

Oh and for those who say nothing of importance happened in Portable Ops, you are dead wrong and it ties directly into MGS4.

How so?...

**Possible spoilers to follow**

Or you can PM me