This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D:If you've had your PS3 for a long time and you have less than 10 platinums..

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. C/D:If you've had your PS3 for a long time and you have less than 10 platinums..
2 years ago#1
...You're a casual gamer.. - Results (1534 votes)
16.04% (246 votes)
83.96% (1288 votes)
This poll is now closed.
what's your take????
"it is over Tess !!!"
2 years ago#2
Entirely depends on a) how you play the games (you could be "hardcore" and not necessarily care about trophies) and b) what plats you have (you could be casual and still have 10 plats).
PSN: Anemptybox
2 years ago#3

Treating games like unpaid work, isn't the sign of non casual gamer. It's more of a sign of an OCD gamer
Stan: "You knew Stockard Channing in her late 40's"
Roger: "No, I knew Stockard Channing in the late 40's. She was 50"
2 years ago#4
Considering, at least as far as I'm concerned, that casual and hardcore are essentially terms that denote the amount of time you spend playing games, I believe it's impossible to say either way.

You can't directly correlate play time to trophy acquisition. So I'm gonna have to say neither is accurate.
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
2 years ago#5
Deny because many games have outrageous requirements.
My Saints Row IV Review:
2 years ago#6
Deny. There are plenty of people out there who have over a 100 games played on their psn account with only a plat or 2. I wouldn't call that person a casual.
2 years ago#7
Considering most platinums require you to grind for hours leveling/finding collectibles/doing the same stuff over and over again, nope. I'd say ''real'' gamers don't care about a virtual trophy.
Chris Jericho is better than God.
2 years ago#8
Lol, trophies? Get a life. I don't even care about trophies on my favorite titles.
2 years ago#9
Hell no. Examples:

Most DMC Truestyle players don't give a crap about trophies, especially when you can just cheese through them with items.

The best of the FGC don't care either because playing on SP = weaker opponents when they could be practicing polishing their BnB's in training mode with Super AI turned on, infinite health to calculate damage variations, faster match resets, and the like. Or they could fight online against opponents to get better at matchup reads.
Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle
Every day's great at your Junes
2 years ago#10
I got 3 platinums back to back then never cared about a trophy since. Very very boring and I am more proud that I can beat Contra 3 and Castlevania 3 without a gameover than I am of earning those 3 plats.

Huge deny right there. Infact I don't think there is any 1 thing that makes someone a casual or a hardcore gamer. Even if I had the world record speedrun on a game, I feel I could be more casual than someone who's played 1000s more games than me and is above average at them. Hardcore gaming is more of a lifestyle than a feat imo.
3DS FC: 2294-4729-3240
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. C/D:If you've had your PS3 for a long time and you have less than 10 platinums..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived