This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I think I've become a game horder, starting to ruin my enjoyment :(

#1ghaleon_8686Posted 11/14/2013 8:36:23 PM
So over the past couple years somewhere along the way I transitioned from buying a couple games at a time and playing and enjoying them to buying a game and before I even get a chance to play it, I've bought another. My backlog has grown so out of control at this point that whenever I do have free time to sit and play something: I feel to overwhelmed by the choices that I just end up playing nothing. But that doesn't seem to stop me from buying something else! /sigh

PS+ has made this problem even worse, and if you throw in steam (pc) games on top of it I am sitting at around: 15 unplayed vita games, 15-20 unplayed ps3 games (even have a couple still in the wrapper) probably around 40 games on steam that I have bought during their sales and never played. I even picked up a wii u at launch and have 3 games that I barely have touched for more than an hour or two.

Has anyone else had this problem? I really want to pick up a ps4 at some point but I feel like I shouldn't until I get through my backlog but my backlog has become so damn MASSIVE that it would probably take me a couple years to play it all. Starting to feel like I should just sell everything and start fresh. Sickens me how much money I've probably wasted. I wanted the games when I bought them, but never found the time to play them and just lost interest, repeat...repeat...repeat...

Advice?
---
Now Playing: Pokemon X, Terraria (PC)
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3681-9871
#2latimasterPosted 11/14/2013 8:47:21 PM
I have the same exact issue. What's helping me work on it is that I have a wish list of the games I want and I'm slowly buying them while they're on sale. I'm actually about to finish it on black friday. Anyway, once you have a list of the things you want, you kinda lose interest in buying anything else, unless it's a spur of the moment kind of thing, and you play the games you have. I've also started to open and play new games because usually once I try them I'll usually wanna play more. I may only play it for an hour or so and then not touch it for a week, but it's always constantly on my mind so I eventually get back to it. Try mixing up genres as well. Like maybe alternate between an fps, rpg, and action game. It makes some kind of balance so you're not bored or feel forced to play a game cause you haven't touched it in a while. These are just some things that have been working for me lately.
#3jay2101Posted 11/14/2013 8:49:58 PM
Yeah, I've gone and gotten way too many games. Seems like it would do just the opposite, but it makes you not want to play.
#4Jx1010Posted 11/14/2013 8:54:11 PM
Yes it has happened to me.

You have gotten too many games.
You know how they say... too much of something can be a bad thing... well yea.

How to fix it?
Well...

Step 1 - Stop buying games, S T O P !
Dont buy anymore, a sale can be soooo good but no point if u wont even play the game.

Step 2 - Make a list of your games.

Step 3 - Start with the shortest games.

Step 4 - Dont buy more games this holiday season, enjoy what u have now.
---
Currently playing: Zone of the Enders HD Collection and Metal Gear Rising
#5jay2101Posted 11/14/2013 8:56:41 PM
I'm always afraid that they will go out of print which is stupid...
#6GoatJugSoupPosted 11/14/2013 10:44:50 PM
Just play through them, nothing says you have to be first in line on next gen, im waiting a year or so myself although thats also for other reasons than just my backlog.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken
#7aiyobroPosted 11/14/2013 10:46:51 PM
I have hundreds of games I don't play
#8aiyobroPosted 11/14/2013 10:49:04 PM(edited)
but only five I need on ps3 : /
#9SDSSocietyPosted 11/14/2013 11:02:41 PM
Yes I'm in the same boat. I'm an addict at times, I go through phases. One month I can't play enough, another month I don't want to play anything at all. The back log grows. I'm so bad that I actually bought a game before, it sat there for months, I wound up dumping it for some other game...having never played the game I dumped.

I'm mildly mental about it sometimes. But so many games are dirt cheap now days its not much of an issue really one way or the other. I know they'll always be available and the price can only go down so...

I noticed that with other things before too. Like beer for instance.. If I don't have some on hand in the house I'll be wanting to get some. But if I have a case stocked up already I'm satisfied with it just sitting there, won't even drink it for a good while. Connection? I have no clue.
---
Monsters from the Id
#10shadowkratos774Posted 11/14/2013 11:08:38 PM
Yup I'm the same way, though I kinda attribute it to balancing school and a job. But still in my free time I just can't pick one up.
---
...but in time, they will join you in the sun.
3DS FC: 4613-7001-8523, please PM me if you add me.