This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The reactions to the PS4 thus far are not making me all that excited for it.

#1RyuVegasPosted 11/15/2013 6:46:09 PM
So many are being reported as being defective right out of the box, there is supposedly no headset/mic functionality for online games(yet, I know they'll patch it in), it is also being reported full PSN sign in problems are a thing and the ONLY 2 games being praised are Killzone Shadow Fall and Battlefield 4. Woo. Just what we need... More shooter praise while everything else somehow sucks. -_-

IMHO anyone thinking getting a PS4 right now is a great idea, you're delusional. Why be beta testers for 6 months to a year waiting for games and features? You can't even play your old games on the new hardware at all to pass the time because Sony felt that Backwards Compatibility was itself a backwards concept.

I won't "never" get a PS4, as that isn't my point. I'm saying this launch sucks worse than the PS3's launch. Stop deluding yourselves(for those that bought a PS4) for a minute. I honestly can't think of an advantage to owning a PS4 until there are least a handful of games everyone wants on it, and that sure isn't the launch lineup.

Hell Sony is kinda playing a Nintendo protocol here: they're banking on legacy status and hoping you buy into the hardware knowing that eventually you'll receive the titles you want. Keyword being "eventually."

The PS4 was rushed out. It should have launched at least 6 months from now, possibly next Holiday, because this week sure feels like a failure
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP-R&C:IntoTheNexus,DeusEx:HR:DC
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#2HaloODSTDPosted 11/15/2013 6:47:25 PM
I just bought a 250GB super slim ps3..
---
Playstation 2 Forever. <3
#3xSoldier24xPosted 11/15/2013 6:49:04 PM
HaloODSTD posted...

Your late should have waited a couple of months (2+) and gotten a PS4 and be set for next couple of years instead of blowing money on ps3. Ps4's library will eventually grow and be greater than the ps3 so... yeah
---
"CAAN YOUU FEEEL THE ENERGY??!!?!!" -Joey, 2013 Ps4 Launch Event, NYC
#4kdimm55Posted 11/15/2013 6:50:05 PM
Its not a concern to me im still loving my ps2. Would like to get my son a ps3 for christmas but hes wants a xbox 360 for christmas.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#5True_FoeHammerPosted 11/15/2013 6:50:12 PM
Yes, the launch is less than stellar. To say the sky is falling and that Sony is in trouble is ****-tier trolling. Every launch is not good. The PS3 had Ridge Racer # and Resistance - meh. The 360 had Perfect Dark Zero and 99 Nights - meh. Both consoles sold fine, with the 360 having a good front half with the PS3 having an amazing ass half.
#6HaloODSTDPosted 11/15/2013 6:53:23 PM
xSoldier24x posted...
HaloODSTD posted...

Your late should have waited a couple of months (2+) and gotten a PS4 and be set for next couple of years instead of blowing money on ps3. Ps4's library will eventually grow and be greater than the ps3 so... yeah

But by the time I finish the PS3 games I want to play, the PS4 will be like $250 (not to mention I also have PS2 games i need to finish)
---
Playstation 2 Forever. <3
#7RyuVegas(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 6:54:02 PM
xSoldier24x posted...

Oh look: saying exactly my point. You're banking on future potential not what is available now. Hell you even took it a step farther and say "it will eventually have a BETTER lineup than PS3." In what 6-7 years? So my point is: Buy a PS4 THEN. Not now.
---
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#8kdimm55Posted 11/15/2013 6:54:37 PM
Damn Right Ps2 Forever
---
Posted using GameFlux
#9RyuVegas(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 6:55:15 PM
HaloODSTD posted...
xSoldier24x posted...
HaloODSTD posted...

But by the time I finish the PS3 games I want to play, the PS4 will be like $250 (not to mention I also have PS2 games i need to finish)

HaloODSTD here gets what I'm trying to say. *high five*
---
#10AnonUnknownPosted 11/15/2013 6:56:21 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
The PS3 had Ridge Racer - meh.

The PS4 doesn't even have it, they killed the franchise with the Vita game and Unbounded. I wish they made a true Ridge Racer 8.