This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Welcome to "The Last Gen" How many of you are sticking around for a while?

#1Red_JesterPosted 11/16/2013 12:20:59 PM
I'm not picking up a PS4 any time soon. There are... no games. (That interest me and aren't already on PS3)

I'd also rather wait to see how the current gen shapes up. Are F2P games going to end up becoming 1/4 of all major releases? That's a future I want no part of, but even the worst F2P games make more money than your average retail game these days. It's too appealing to publishers.

Are "MMO-lite" games going to take off like The Division, Destiny and The Crew? (Half-baked "MMO" content to justify an always on connection and likely an account code in the box that makes used copies worthless) I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in grinding items or my character to be able to better enjoy content. It's designed to be addictive and that doesn't do anything for me. Especially when it comes to having to grind PvE to get superior game to dominate in PvP. (And half-assed co-op content in comparison to single-player campaigns)

Then there's the fact that half of the publishers and developers from last generation don't exist anymore or are declined greatly. That leaves the current generation in the hands of very few mega-publishers and they're only going to release sports games, dumbed down shooters, dumbed down action RPGs and "high-octane" arcade racing games. Also, imagine the power EA, Acti and Ubi have now that they make up probably 70% of the market.

Anyways, I have way too many games I missed out on last generation to jump into the current generation. (Feels so weird to say that) I'm playing Killer Is Dead now with Remember Me and GTAV right afterward. Also, I bet PS Plus games are about to get awesome for the US instead of sucking ass compared to the EU PS Plus.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#2Dabrikishaw15Posted 11/16/2013 12:26:53 PM
Not getting a PS4. I'm keeping my PS3 for a few more games being released next year.
---
3DS FC: 4382 - 2449 - 5707
Official Jiminy Cricket of the Kingdom Hearts III Boards
#3spooiePosted 11/16/2013 1:11:45 PM
Look at my signature.

Go on. Look.

There, now.
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#4servb0tsPosted 11/16/2013 1:25:01 PM
There's a lot of Hypocrites bashing on MMO P2P gamers, saying they will always play online for free. Now they will buy a PS4, and give any excuse as to why they become PSN+ members now lol.

I won't buy a PS4 until either there is a PS4 Slim or FFXV Versus or KH3 is actually in stores everywhere.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems.
A Strong Fighter is not One who Wins the Fight, But One who can Stands after Defeat.
#5Stanger5150Posted 11/16/2013 1:26:43 PM
I've never left any gen.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
NP- Dragon Age: Origins (PS3), PS All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3), Punch-Out!!! (Wii)
#6Shy420Posted 11/16/2013 1:43:00 PM
I bought a PS4 and kept my PS3. I'm in the honeymoon phase with the PS4 right now but I'll come back to the PS3, there are too many great games I want to play again.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#7YggdrasillePosted 11/16/2013 3:10:38 PM
I'm going to enjoy my PS3 for 2-3 more years with some additional Vita love now and then.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Ygdrasille.png
Waiting for: Ys: Memories of Celceta, Atelier Escha & Logy, Drakengard 3, Tales of Xillia 2, Dark Souls 2
#8DonomegaPosted 11/16/2013 3:12:44 PM
I am, heck i just got my PS3 about a month ago, and just got a Vita yesterday.
---
PSN: RobbieDaCool
#9Spoiled_ClichePosted 11/16/2013 3:20:56 PM
PS4 has too many indie and F2P games announced so far, in comparison to so few mainstream titles. The new console has yet to justify its existence, as many of its main attractions could have been made for the PS3. Mainstream exclusives so far are much less exciting than what the Xbox One and especially the Wii U promise to deliver.

The consoles already have technical problems, and we all know the current gen fiasco in terms of high failure rate. Currently, the only moderately reliable console maker is Nintendo.

And of course, let's not forger NO FREE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER ON THE PS4!

servb0ts posted...
There's a lot of Hypocrites bashing on MMO P2P gamers, saying they will always play online for free. Now they will buy a PS4, and give any excuse as to why they become PSN+ members now lol.

You sir, are absolutely right!

Around the E3 times, i was one of the people defending free online and saying Sony got rid of one of the most pro-consumer features. They were too occupied praising the PS4 for...simply NOT CHANGING (ie no DRM). Sony completely manipulated the fanbase. They were, are and are always going to be powerless to defend their rights. It's no use. They will gladly defend their PAID ONLINE, they...the people who always bashed Microsoft for charging money for Xbox Live Gold.

I promise to defend free online multiplayer in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will defend it and honor my principles all the days of my life. Forever and ever, until the day i die.
#10SirWaWaPosted 11/16/2013 3:25:18 PM
servb0ts posted...

I won't buy a PS4 until either there is a PS4 Slim or FFXV Versus or KH3 is actually in stores everywhere.

ps4 slim? u mean a hardware feature nerf
yeah absolutely looking forward to that...