This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know I just realized the PS4 is coming out to Japan in Feb. 2014.

#11raigePosted 11/17/2013 9:25:05 AM
They need games to sell their console. So far the launch lineup has been weak and they're all western games too.
#12CrimsonGear80Posted 11/17/2013 1:43:10 PM
Only way I see the PS4 selling a crapload of systems over there in the first week is if there is some sort of super secret uber monster hunter game that no one knows about, lol.

There is a Yakuza game.

plus it wouldn't be the first time. The PS2 sold nearly a million in one day when it releases in Japan. No monster hunter existed then.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#13Lelouch71Posted 11/17/2013 3:46:12 PM
LR is coming out this month for Japan. FFX/FFX-2 comes out next month. So no it wouldn't have any impact on their sales. Besides I wouldn't expect the PS4 to do better than maybe 300 to 400K at launch week. The 3DS reign supreme over there along with handheld devices in general.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#14MadDewgPosted 11/17/2013 4:54:09 PM(edited)
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Only way I see the PS4 selling a crapload of systems over there in the first week is if there is some sort of super secret uber monster hunter game that no one knows about, lol.

There is a Yakuza game.

plus it wouldn't be the first time. The PS2 sold nearly a million in one day when it releases in Japan. No monster hunter existed then.

Yeah no **** about monster hunter (everyone was up on that phantasy star online on the dreamcast at that point anyway, lol)......handhelds didn't consume their souls either then (and said handhelds didn't have that "console like quality" yet either like the later handhelds do...it was the years of gameboy color, wonderswan, and the gameboy advance was just coming out), quality console rpgs catered to their tastes was still in full swing, and the PS2 was coming straight off of PS1's extremely dominating rpg success, so this is a moot point.

Also, just like dynasty warriors 8 xl, the new yakuza game won't make much a difference for them since it will also be available on the PS3:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/PS3/730575-ryu-ga-gotoku-ishin
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx Playing tales of xillia,FE:A, OP pirate warriors, dragon's crown, dynasty warriors 8, shantae: risky's revenge
#15Mr_Big_BossPosted 11/17/2013 5:08:46 PM
AnonUnknown posted...
What? How's that possible?

Instead of shipping consoles to Japan, they are shipping them to the West so there is more to sell here. If there are less consoles here, it will be harder to find and people might by an Xbox One as a substitute.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#16ExpelDiasFlacPosted 11/22/2013 11:16:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]