This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

good tactical shooters on the ps3?

#1Raiden01Posted 11/17/2013 11:34:11 AM(edited)
does anyone have recommendations? can be 1st or 3rd person for a good single player campaign. multiplayer is an added plus too

ty in advanced
#2BaseChouGokuPosted 11/17/2013 11:35:06 AM
Valkyria Chronicles (srpg)
Resonance of Fate (rpg)
Binary Domain
Vanquish
XCom - Enemy Unknown (srpg)
#3You_Need_A_LifePosted 11/17/2013 11:40:10 AM
Good tactical shooters...PS3...oxymoron, sadly.

The only two games that even come close are the Operation Flashpoint games.

Below those, I'd say GRAW2, but only on the "Original" setting, in which you die from a single shot.

If you want a multiplayer game, I'd say Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is the only choice, since the only other true tactical shooter that I know of, SOCOM: Confrontation, is being shut down in the New Year.
#4shawnmckPosted 11/17/2013 1:41:08 PM
Sniper Elite V2

This game is somewhat of a mix of sniping, 3rd-person shooter, and stealth.
You get more ammo for the sniper rifle, but you do get a pistol and machine gun as well, but there isn't much ammo for the pistol or machine gun, so you have to pick & choose when you use them carefully.

The game also gives you grenades, mines, and trip-wires...so you can stealth fully and tactically place them anywhere to give you an advantage.

The environments are also big enough that you can tackle them in a variety of ways.
Plus, the X-ray kill cam (when sniping) makes the game so much fun. Basically, when you are sniping, the game has a chance of triggering an X-ray cam that slows down time and lets you see as the bullet passes through bones and organs. It is extremely satisfying.

It does take place during WW II though.
#5RadioOutriderPosted 11/17/2013 1:44:10 PM
Valkyria Chronicles
Spec Ops: The Line
#6shawnmckPosted 11/17/2013 1:45:09 PM
Another good one is Hitman: Absolution.

This game also allows you to tackle the game in a variety of ways, such as going in stealthy or just go in guns blazing.
There are also plenty of ways to kill using a variety of things in the environment, which makes the game have a higher level of replay.
And, you can also take another characters outfit to disguise yourself.

This is another one of my favorites.
It gets a lot of hate though, because it's a little different than previous Hitman games...But I personally disliked previous games in the series, but love this one.

Some of the environments are rather small in some levels, while some levels have bigger environments, which allows you to take a multitude of paths and perform a multitude of objectives.
Overall a very good and enjoying game.
#7akuma634Posted 11/17/2013 1:45:37 PM
I can't think of any real tactical shooters on the PS3. If anything you should check out the PC game SWAT 4, it's old enough to run any machine and it's really hardcore tactics. Every mission has random spawning NPCs, no healing items, no regeneration, you get wounded which affects your performance, no in mission saving, and thinking like the leader of a SWAT team is crucial. It's more about saving lives than killing people, if anything you'll get penalized if you shoot before a suspect does. It's a great game but being that complex and hardcore, it's not too surprising why they didn't make a sequel, there wasn't a big enough market for that kind of game.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#8shawnmckPosted 11/17/2013 1:46:55 PM
Other good and honorable mentions are...

Binary Domain
Spec Ops: The Line
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
#9HaloODSTDPosted 11/17/2013 3:30:31 PM
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter
---
Playstation 2 Forever. <3
#10Muv-LuvPosted 11/17/2013 6:34:51 PM
The Last of Us multiplayer is quite tactical.
---
youtube.com/watch?v=3MuXrN8L9ro
^ Get hyped for THE RAID 2; sequel to one of the best action movies of the last decade!