This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that never get old

#1DeadlineGamerPosted 11/18/2013 5:47:17 AM
The Last of Us-A true Masterpiece-Man...I'm telling you no matter how many times I play this game it never gets old,it never gets repetitive and the magic never goes away.The Last of Us emerges me so well that I even forget that I'm replying the game.That feeling of survival and that sense of satisfaction that I get after surviving ambushes.The jokes,the stories-The Last of Us made me laugh and it made me cry.It never gets old.The Last of Us-You will forever have a special place in my heart.I gotta say I have been gaming since the 3rd gen I guess and no game has quite brought that emotion in me for a game and its characters like The Last of Us.I'm so glad I got to experience this wonderful experience. The Last of Us is the best game I have ever played.

What are some games that never get old for you?
---
"What happens in the dark comes out in the light."Trevor Phillips
#2luigi13579Posted 11/18/2013 7:05:19 AM
I think all games get old for me after a while. It's just that some take longer than others to get to that point.

Metroid Prime is probably the closest to what you described. Whenever I play it, I get engrossed in it so much that I almost forget I'm playing a game. The atmosphere and immersion are second to none.

Other games that I can enjoy for hours and hours at a time: Deus Ex, Diablo II, various other Metroid games (Super, Zero Mission, Fusion, Echoes, etc.), GTA: San Andreas, Metal Gear Solid 3, F-Zero GX, Chrono Trigger, most 2D Castlevanias, Mega Man Battle Network 3, etc.
#3Killingjoke_666Posted 11/18/2013 7:10:56 AM
Super Mario World
UMVC3
Mario Karts
Tatsunoko vs Cacom
---
Otto: Wow! I had Mustard?!
#4INFERNO1092000Posted 11/18/2013 7:13:27 AM
Half life 2
---
It's a wonderful time to be a ps3 owner getting games for 5 bucks like crazy at gamestop lately with the crazy deals.
#5-GLICE-Posted 11/18/2013 7:39:02 AM
TC has bad tastes and has forgotten what true video games are.
---
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/californian.gif
I would agree with you but then we would both be wrong.
#6DevilTears604Posted 11/18/2013 7:47:55 AM
The first one that popped into my head was Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#7SakurafanboyPosted 11/18/2013 7:49:40 AM
For me its .Hack//G.U., Final Fantasy X, Tales of Graces f, etc
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)
#8JascoDPosted 11/18/2013 7:52:07 AM
Tlou was good. But its waaaaay to long. Epic stupid A.I that actually makes the game a little fun. Gameplay is nothing special at all. Its all about cover, hide and seek. Repeat. As a movie, it was good. As a game, it was bad.

So, the game really can drag on. Nothing i have replayed yet and won't have to for atleast 2 more years.
---
Who's playing you?
#9-GLICE-Posted 11/18/2013 7:54:37 AM
Mario
Metroid
Zelda
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario RPG The Legend of the Seven Stars
Donkey Kong Country TRILOGY
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 9
Xenogears
Tales of Symphonia
Ninja Gaiden Black

just to name a few
---
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/californian.gif
I would agree with you but then we would both be wrong.
#10AnonUnknownPosted 11/18/2013 7:56:17 AM
Demon's Crest, Castlevania SOTN.