This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please help! I have error 80022d11 I have many questions!

#1gween4Posted 11/18/2013 2:40:21 PM
I can't sync my trophies, I want to backup my gamesaves and delete my user then recreate it and place and use my saved game files. But I have heard rumors that even if you backup ur saves u wont be able to use them? and sometimes that u have to earn the trophies for some games all over again? also I downloaded some avatars I dont want, when I erase my user will they be gone unless I download them again? does this mean I need to download all my addons, avatats, DLC all over again from my downloads manager but I get to choose which ones? Also I have games I bought and downloaded from the PS Store, will I lose these downloaded games?

Please tell me what do I do? step by step and easy to understand because I am a slow learner.
#2rahmed51387Posted 11/18/2013 2:54:50 PM
gween4 posted...
I can't sync my trophies, I want to backup my gamesaves and delete my user then recreate it and place and use my saved game files. But I have heard rumors that even if you backup ur saves u wont be able to use them? and sometimes that u have to earn the trophies for some games all over again? also I downloaded some avatars I dont want, when I erase my user will they be gone unless I download them again? does this mean I need to download all my addons, avatats, DLC all over again from my downloads manager but I get to choose which ones? Also I have games I bought and downloaded from the PS Store, will I lose these downloaded games?

Please tell me what do I do? step by step and easy to understand because I am a slow learner.

1. Learn to use the enter key. It makes it easier for those willing to help you understand your questions. :)

2. Trophies are tied to your PSN account once they are synced, NOT to your actual system HDD. So as long as you remember your PSN account information (email, password, etc.) whatever has been synced will still be there for you.

3. Anything that you have downloaded will be accessible to you once you log back into your PSN account provided you don't already have your 2 activations used up. So before you switch systems, after you sync your trophies, make sure you deactivate your account on your old system.

4. Some saves (game specific) are copy-protected, and if you simply try to transfer them alone (say via USB drive), it will not work in that aspect. If, however, you back up your HDD or use the Data Transfer utility, you should have no problems. This basically copies your current system hard drive AS IS, so all your DLC as well as your content should be intact and working when you put it on your new system if you do it in this way.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#3gween4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 3:06:02 PM
Thanks rahmed51387, But I dont understand a few things, when you say Synched does this mean all this time I have NOT been able to Sync my trophies due to error 80022d11 I have not TRULLY gotten any?

And a Back up to my HDD? will I have to download every DLC again? are DLC games I bought there too?
#4rahmed51387Posted 11/18/2013 3:16:31 PM
gween4 posted...
Thanks rahmed51387, But I dont understand a few things, when you say Synched does this mean all this time I have NOT been able to Sync my trophies due to error 80022d11 I have not TRULLY gotten any?

And a Back up to my HDD? will I have to download every DLC again? are DLC games I bought there too?

Trophies work like so:

You play a game and earn its trophy ---> it is stored on your HDD. You must sync them on your own (unless you Auto-sync them via PS+) by checking your trophies while you are logged in. Any time it says "Please wait.... Syncing trophies" and the bar completes, your trophies are now stored on your account. At that point, your trophies are safe no matter where/when you log in.

So you've earned them first on your system. Then online in its servers once synced.

HDD & DLC works like so:

If you back up your hard drive to an external one, or do a data transfer, it literally copies what you have as is, and stores/transfers it. This includes your game saves, your DLC, your downloaded games, your music, videos, User settings, configurations, etc. So everything you have on there will work just fine if the backup or transfer goes well. This means that you should not have to re-download anything.

If you find there is some DLC that you are missing, you can find them in your download history and get them back at no charge to you.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#5gween4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 3:23:19 PM
1. So this means the trophies I have gotten with the 80022d11 error all these years are safe?

2. What if I dont do the HDD transfer what will I lose? lets say I want to choose what DLC I want to have on my account (while theyre still on my downloads list just not downloaded to my account) Is this possible?
#6gween4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2013 4:58:29 PM
bump
#7ninjakrakenPosted 11/21/2013 6:44:04 PM
gween4 posted...
1. So this means the trophies I have gotten with the 80022d11 error all these years are safe?

2. What if I dont do the HDD transfer what will I lose? lets say I want to choose what DLC I want to have on my account (while theyre still on my downloads list just not downloaded to my account) Is this possible?

1) If you have trophies showing up on your list but they have not been synced due to this error, this might be a bit of a problem. Your trophies are only set in stone after they have been synced. I looked up this particular error, the fix of this error seems to come at the cost of your save files. It involves creating a new "user" on the same system and signing in with your account, then performing the sync. You may have to consult the PS3 forums for more information. Try a few more times to sync your list before resorting to other measures.

2) Last time I changed my ps3/harddrive I didn't bother backing everything up. I just used a USB stick to transfer my most important saves (does not work with copy-protected files). Once I logged into my new ps3 using my original account I simply went to the store, went to my downloads list and re-downloaded everything I wanted. (If for some reason you cannot download, you may have your account on too many systems and will have to deactivate one). A complete back-up is useful if there is a lot of images, messages, music, etc you want to easily transfer. Essentially, you will lose everything if you do not do HDD transfer except for what is specifically tied to your account such as trophies (synced) and purchased games.
---
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith
#8gween4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2013 7:47:54 AM
The trophies that show up in online sites like psnprofiles.com and can never be deleted, are they safe? or can they change if i recreate my user? remember Im talking about the trophies that appean online not the ones saved on my system.