This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you fee about Fee to Pay games on the PS3 ...PS4?

#1BaseChouGokuPosted 11/21/2013 3:48:54 AM
What do you feel about "Fee to Pay" games on the PS3/PS4? - Results (47 votes)
I like them
14.89% (7 votes)
I hate them
53.19% (25 votes)
I don't care
31.91% (15 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For reference on what "Fee to Pay" is check here"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqNuS03k6gI

discuss
#2este914Posted 11/21/2013 5:08:55 AM
Don't play them so I dont care
---
...::: este914 :::...
The One & Only!
#3BaseChouGoku(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2013 5:10:56 AM
este914 posted...

Sounds like you do sorta care if you actively choose not to play them
#4este914Posted 11/21/2013 5:13:11 AM
BaseChouGoku posted...
este914 posted...

Sounds like you do sorta care if you actively choose not to play them

No not really?
---
...::: este914 :::...
The One & Only!
#5True_FoeHammerPosted 11/21/2013 5:18:26 AM
Some games do the model very well, others are cow-clickers. Par for the course for basically everything else in existance.
#6Pawkie07Posted 11/21/2013 5:25:01 AM
Fee to play? What made up bullcrap is that? Don't you mean Pay to Win?
#7atma6Posted 11/21/2013 5:26:44 AM
I was in the "I hate them" camp, but playing games like Warframe and Blacklight on the PS4 has changed my tune. It's an abusable system at times, but there are some great games out there. I recommend trying one before making a knee-jerk reaction.
---
Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer
http://mistranslationsforthemoderngamer.wordpress.com
#8gamefaqwatcherPosted 11/21/2013 5:31:22 AM
Well i picked hate but it's more of 'i'm not a fan of them'. This applies to pc as well. I enjoy having a game which i can unlock certain content by progressing in it. When there's a fee for a short cut or so then that usual progress isn't made harder in difficulty just more tedious. Grinds are time sinks, but when they purposely tinker with 'chance' just to increase the amount of people to purchase unlocks it kind of sucks.

On the other note. Some games have fees for just cosmetics. If it's purely visuals then i don't care. It's not going enhance my gameplay experience or make someone become more powerful before anyone by gambling with money.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#9Mad_CauliflowerPosted 11/21/2013 5:35:24 AM
If I ever play free to play games, I only ever do so until the effort required for the next simplest step, is clearly angling for my wallet.

As for this 'fee to pay', it's really just irrelevant to me. I don't pay to get ahead. Period.

However, it's quite true that it's not the developers fault, but rather the publishers who push for poorly received game design, for the sake of profit... and if anything, it's so much more important to get behind digital delivery, and things like kickstarter, so devs can make exactly what they're planning to, without publishers crushing their balls.

And did anyone find it funny that Sterling required the widescreen feature of youtube?
---
Stan: "You knew Stockard Channing in her late 40's"
Roger: "No, I knew Stockard Channing in the late 40's. She was 50"
#10Trigger99XPosted 11/21/2013 6:09:16 AM
guys fee to pay is not free to play

fee to pay are games you buy but the game has even more micro-transactions from the get-go