This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I bad Final Fantasy fan if I don't but Lightning Returns FF13?

#21badboyPosted 11/23/2013 11:39:52 PM
Just play what you like.
#22Jon_GodPosted 11/24/2013 12:00:12 AM
RPG maniac87 posted...
Jon_God posted...
You're a real FF fan if you don't support bad games. :)

Think about it, when has supporting bad games in a series ever been good for the series in the long run? Could you imagine if LR was a huge success, and they decided to do another trilogy of lighting?

It doesn't matter what you think of LR, but if you think something like this would happen you haven't been paying much attention to the series. So in this case, I wouldn't consider someone like Jon_God much of a Final Fantasy fan, although he may like some of the games in the series.

I grew up late in the series, starting with FF6. I loved 7, (I didn't play enough of 8, because we had a glitched first disk when I was growing up) 9 was one of my favorite games of all time. I thought X was the the first step into subpar.

I never played XI, or XIV, but XII was not for me(not to say bad, but just not for me), and XIII was the Duke Nukem Forever of Final Fantasy, not in development time, but in lack of any real direction. After about 20 something hours I couldn't take it anymore. The graphics, art and character design were top notch, as well as having really outstanding music... But then there was the sad fact that the rest of the game was by far the worst I've played in the series.

While X and XII made me a little weary of the series, XIII is what it took to take me from buying Day 1, to probably not, but maybe on a whim if I feel like torturing myself.

So yes, I am not a fan of the current Final Fantasy. I was a fan, but I guess the series has moved on, the Call of Duty of japanese games, quality doesn't matter anymore, as long as they continue to sell.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#23HellsingOrgPosted 11/24/2013 8:57:43 AM
andsoitends posted...
gfaqster, hand over your final fantasy fan club card! >:O

lol
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#24AnonUnknownPosted 11/24/2013 9:02:12 AM(edited)
thisranks posted...
Hell, it goes back to when the regionally challenged BS started.

YOU started that BS, genius.
#25Gandalf the IstariPosted 11/24/2013 9:21:11 AM
But it once its 20$ like 2 months after release.
---
PSN: ck_22_c GT: ckc22
NA 3DS: 0533 - 4509 - 1310
#26wingxzero81Posted 11/24/2013 9:58:40 AM
nope, just bc you don't play a certain game to a series doesn't make you any less of a fan to that series. it's your choice.
#27HellsingOrgPosted 11/25/2013 7:07:21 AM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
But it once its 20$ like 2 months after release.

wasn't that japan?
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#28JahkeemyorkPosted 11/25/2013 7:10:17 AM
Not liking an entry in the series doesn't make you a bad fan.

There's a difference between being a fan, and being a fanboy. If you're having doubts on LR don't buy it simple as that.
#29kewldude475Posted 11/25/2013 7:10:37 AM
TriangleHard posted...
Jon_God posted...
You're a real FF fan if you don't support bad games. :)

Think about it, when has supporting bad games in a series ever been good for the series in the long run? Could you imagine if LR was a huge success, and they decided to do another trilogy of lighting?

co-sign

Garbage posts.

Ace_Defective posted...
Why should you give a **** over what you'd be called?

This.
---
http://i.imgur.com/415vgiZ.gif
#30KaliestoPosted 11/25/2013 7:26:06 AM
FF fans are too spoiled nowadays.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord