This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think I'm the only person alive who liked FF13.

#41KogamiShimaPosted 11/25/2013 12:52:15 PM
It has its merits.

Those merits just don't happen to exist in the most important parts of an RPG.
#42BaseChouGokuPosted 11/25/2013 1:05:30 PM
LamboNemo posted...
I don't see why it got bashed so much, although I do agree with people when they say Hope is one of the most annoying characters on the planet.

Yes you do. It's been discussed to death here and you've read the reviews and comments.

The graphics, IMO, are still the best looking this generation, at least in terms of character models.

No they're not. Do you not see the polygonal shoulders, blocky fingers, elbows and lack of divers facial animation? There are many other games with superior designed character models.

The environments, while restrictive, are beautiful.

This I'll agree with. The Narthex being one of the best. But its obvious they spent 95% of their development time and resources into the graphics....little on anything else.

Spoony did a series over FF13 and talked about how awful it is, and I laughed all the way through, but I still enjoyed the game very much.

Well he was right
#43ToadWarriorPosted 11/25/2013 1:06:42 PM
You aren't... I wouldn't have beaten the game if I didn't like it at all.

It just doesn't match the series legacy, and it didn't live up to the hype.

I'm not one of the people who think "FF is dead" despite the FF7 sequels, FFIV AFter years, All The Bravest etc.

I think it's just in a slump, 13 was not a great game... But 12 is right up there with 6 and 7 for me.
#44BaseChouGokuPosted 11/25/2013 1:29:19 PM
Also, why is Lightning, Sazh, Fang, and Vanille's weapons visible on their character models while walking around but not Hope's boomerang?

Does he really store it in his butt?
#45MightyDeathGodPosted 11/25/2013 1:34:50 PM
BaseChouGoku posted...
Also, why is Lightning, Sazh, Fang, and Vanille's weapons visible on their character models while walking around but not Hope's boomerang?

Does he really store it in his butt?

It always did look like he put the boomerang in his butt after battle to me.
---
PSN: MightyDeathGod
#46yarrmateysPosted 11/25/2013 1:41:15 PM
I liked it too, and enjoyed it so much that I spent 260 hours on it. I don't know how I did it, but I have a save file at 160 hours, and another at 100 hours.

Objectively, what I liked about it is that the combat is fast and tactical if you're aiming to get high ranks and doing the optional quests. It also requires you to be precise and on edge more than in previous FF games (maybe with the exception of FF12, if you like to go against foes much stronger than you).

I do acknowledge the game's faults - lack of exploration and freedom, and poor writing, but somehow they didn't matter to me. It's the only game where I could agree with most criticisms unrelated to the battle system, but still enjoy the game as a whole.
---
--
-
#47MyEvilTwin7Posted 11/25/2013 2:01:33 PM
Weltall548 posted...
MyEvilTwin7 posted...
RPG maniac87 posted...
YumeOMiru posted...
Snow.........f****** Snow and his pedophile love.

I know, right? Young-looking people don't have the right to be loved.

I can't be the only person who saw Snow with Serah for the first time and thought "Hang on, how old is she?".

Serah is 18

I am aware of her age and did find out about it not long after the back story part in FFXIII with the proposal story etc. I am talking about literally at the time you find out they are together. I thought she was 19 as of FFXIII?
---
Do not go here : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/233-star-trek?action=addfav
#48themegaman7Posted 11/25/2013 2:12:28 PM
Well I haven't played FF13, but Dissidia Duodecim did REALLY make me hate the character Lightning. She's a stupid, overpowered, whiny, b*****, unfunny Mary Sue I absolutely can't stand her. And then the story forces you to kick the ass of Warrior of Light (y know THE original Final Fantasy character) as Lightning just to say that: "Yeah this is the new Final Fantasy that your grandpa can't handle!" I'm surprised the story didn't have a gauntlet battle where she fought all past heroes of FF just to show of that she's supposed to be bette.

Also I can't stand the FF13 battle theme (or at least what I assume it is)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmw3h8x062A

so awful and boring..
---
3DS FC: 0817-3836-3544 - PSN: Expa0
- NISSAN > ICE CAR -
#49BaseChouGokuPosted 11/25/2013 4:37:30 PM
themegaman7 posted...

Also I can't stand the FF13 battle theme (or at least what I assume it is)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmw3h8x062A

so awful and boring..

Check out Wonderflick's battle theme in this trailer (Uematsu)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvwIV8iDkL0
#50xio323Posted 11/25/2013 9:41:06 PM
Lamace posted...
I think it's just okay. I really enjoyed the combat system (even if it felt like a step back from XII), the visuals and music are candy for the eyes and ears, and the game is polished to a mirror shine. But what pisses me off about the game, is the wasted potential. To me, this game had the most potential out of the entire series. For instance, the story is very interesting and unique, with deep mythology. But, thanks to piss poor writing, it was all squandered.

Had the script been written by one of Square's best writers, like Masato Kato, Sawako Natori, or Kikuchi Hana, the game would have been much better received, I think.

i couldn't have agreed more with this guy.
i enjoyed final fantasy XIII, but a lot of it really was wasted potential. XIII-2 managed to fix some of the gameplay issues i had with the first, but the story went from mediocre to trash. can't say i expect much from LR's story now but we'll see.