This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Dream is over it seems, SE has killed Final Fantasy's popularity in Japan

#1methosagainPosted 11/27/2013 10:09:40 AM
Lightning Returns only managed a paltry 277k copies sold in the land FF once ruled, making it the worse selling FF game ever. Great job SE, great job.
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#2theshovellerPosted 11/27/2013 10:12:56 AM
"Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!"

-Peter Venkman
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#3andsoitendsPosted 11/27/2013 10:13:45 AM
Worse than Theatrythm?
---
Why are spiders born with the knowledge to spin webs? F*** you. That's why. - MWNP
#4Godly_GoofPosted 11/27/2013 10:14:33 AM
its been ....... what a week? And right before the holiday season no less?
So basically it's only going to go up.

Not sure why people always get their panties in a bunch after a games been out for ~ a week and start talking like its been out a year :/
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#5MyEvilTwin7Posted 11/27/2013 10:14:42 AM
SE only seem to care about the short term these days. They are living off of past success with the way the series is now. No one is going to see FFXXI and think "My childhood was graced with Final Fantasy All the Bravest! I must buy this!".
---
Do not go here : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/233-star-trek?action=addfav
#6lambchipsPosted 11/27/2013 10:15:29 AM
Godly_Goof posted...

Not sure why people always get their panties in a bunch after a games been out for ~ a week and start talking like its been out a year :/

you do know that the highest figures are usually from the first week right? then it starts dropping (for the most part)
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#7ChaingunmasterPosted 11/27/2013 10:15:53 AM
Holy crap, for a FF game that is awful.
At this rate it might not even make 1m worldwide... at least it sends them a strong "get on with the next one already" message.
---
"You did what you thought was right."
"No... I did what I thought was fun."
#8majin nemesisPosted 11/27/2013 10:19:56 AM(edited)
it's a sequel of a sequel of course it's not going to sell as fast also FF sequels never sold to well and it's been a week
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#9Pantera420xPosted 11/27/2013 10:26:27 AM
Good its a garbage series with a garbage character
#10Godly_GoofPosted 11/27/2013 10:29:02 AM
lambchips posted...
Godly_Goof posted...

you do know that the highest figures are usually from the first week right? then it starts dropping (for the most part)

Usually true with the exception of the holidays in which people refrain from buying if they intend to ask for it for Christmas or whatever or wait till after the new year for chance of sales or not getting it.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.