This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS+ & Instant Game Collection FAQ

#11Nova666(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 2:44:51 PMmessage detail
rswsc0407 posted...
I thought about doing this like 6 months ago. Even without it, how hard is to use the search bar?

I wonder the exact same thing.

Anyway, for information about past, current and future games on the IGC check:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_Game_Collection

and

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

or if you use EU PSN:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/

---
Nova666 = 50% win, 50% awesome, 50% OMG
That is 150% right thar.
~ Action
#12Ochd12Posted 12/1/2013 8:22:55 AMmessage detail
"Q: What happens to the games and DLC I downloaded free through a PS Plus membership, and I decide to not renew my membership?
A: You will not be able to access free games downloaded with Plus if you choose not to renew your membership. However, if you decide to re-activate your membership, you will once again be able to play all games downloaded from the Instant Game Collection. You'll keep your saves, don't worry about that."

Be careful with this one. Notice it says "all games *downloaded* from the Instant Game Collection". When I asked Sony about this, I was told this means games actually on your PS3, not your download list.

I was told (and it actually happened to me) that when your subscription lapses, there are some IGC games that will be removed from your download list, even when you re-subscribe. He couldn't tell me why, but for me it happened with Quantum Conundrum.

I was able to play ("access") it because it was on my PS3 at the time, but it had been removed from my download list.

I told him that was very misleading, and led to a false sense of security surrounding the Plus program for me, but he didn't care one bit.

I did end up with a decent credit on my account a few days later, so maybe I had complained enough.

Either way, "misleading" is a good way to put it.
#13Goku61394Posted 12/1/2013 10:42:34 AMmessage detail
I just got PS+. If I get dragons dogma dark arisen and play it then decide not to renew my PS+ subscription what happens to dark arisen? Will it stay on my ps3 but I won't be able to play it or will it get removed?
---
What is Zapdos? Please don't spoil the game for me cuz I never completed the main quest." halofan9912
#14Nova666(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 12:28:51 PMmessage detail(edited)
^Did you read the FAQ? As long as you are a member you will be able to play it. You have to renew it to keep playing the game, but it does not have to be immediately after it expires. Oh, and it does not get automatically uninstalled from the console if that is what you are asking...

Ochd12 posted...
"Q: What happens to the games and DLC I downloaded free through a PS Plus membership, and I decide to not renew my membership?
A: You will not be able to access free games downloaded with Plus if you choose not to renew your membership. However, if you decide to re-activate your membership, you will once again be able to play all games downloaded from the Instant Game Collection. You'll keep your saves, don't worry about that."

Be careful with this one. Notice it says "all games *downloaded* from the Instant Game Collection". When I asked Sony about this, I was told this means games actually on your PS3, not your download list.

I was told (and it actually happened to me) that when your subscription lapses, there are some IGC games that will be removed from your download list, even when you re-subscribe. He couldn't tell me why, but for me it happened with Quantum Conundrum.

I was able to play ("access") it because it was on my PS3 at the time, but it had been removed from my download list.

I told him that was very misleading, and led to a false sense of security surrounding the Plus program for me, but he didn't care one bit.

I did end up with a decent credit on my account a few days later, so maybe I had complained enough.

Just checked and I still have the Full Game Unlock for Quantum Conundrum in my download list. You got unlucky and your data on PSN DB got corrupted? But I agree, should that ever happen, make sure to complain. To Sony, not a random gaming board >_>
---
Nova666 = 50% win, 50% awesome, 50% OMG
That is 150% right thar.
~ Action
#15Goku61394Posted 12/1/2013 5:13:32 PMmessage detail
Yeah I meant if it gets automatically un-installed but you still answered it either way
---
What is Zapdos? Please don't spoil the game for me cuz I never completed the main quest." halofan9912
#16VigilantStevePosted 12/4/2013 9:34:47 AMmessage detail
Nova666 posted...
^Did you read the FAQ? As long as you are a member you will be able to play it. You have to renew it to keep playing the game, but it does not have to be immediately after it expires. Oh, and it does not get automatically uninstalled from the console if that is what you are asking...

Ochd12 posted...

Just checked and I still have the Full Game Unlock for Quantum Conundrum in my download list. You got unlucky and your data on PSN DB got corrupted? But I agree, should that ever happen, make sure to complain. To Sony, not a random gaming board >_>

Yeah, my Quantum Conundrum is still in my download list too, despite me letting my PS+ lapse for a couple of days back in October before renewing. Not sure what happened there.
#17AnonUnknownPosted 12/5/2013 4:50:06 AMmessage detail(edited)
I still have my copy of Quantum Conundrum, too. I renewed my Plus subscription maybe 1 or 2 weeks after its release on IGC.

All games are supposed to return upon renewal. At the top of the download list, sometimes.
#18Slayer7861Posted 12/26/2013 11:56:11 PMmessage detail
Thanks tc
#19Slayer7861Posted 12/26/2013 11:56:16 PMmessage detail
Thanks tc
#20metalRickPosted 1/3/2014 12:31:05 AMmessage detail
Some help please:
I had ps+ on a secondary account (my son's) on my ps3 till September,i had infamous 2,hitman and some other games downloaded,but this month i bought ps+ now on my account but when i try to play infamous 2 or any older free game it asks me to renew the license and it sends me to play station store to buy the whole game

And when I try it on the first ps+ account it says that it has expired,I tought once renewed iI could play those games again,i`m asking since it seems its not explained on this faq since it was first on other accoun but have always been on my ps3
---
Emelec campeón