This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Most Disappointing Games of All Time?

#1Jaxson_DeVillePosted 12/1/2013 9:52:37 PM
1.Battlefield 4
2.Medal of Honor:Warfighter
3.Assassin's Creed:Black Flag
4.Medal of Honor:Rising Sun
5.Driv3r
---
Battlefield 3: Masterpiece
Battlefield 4: Piece of S***
#2kaminarikidPosted 12/1/2013 9:55:53 PM
Tales of Xillia
---
PSN: Kaminari_Kid
Not changing this signature until Kofi Kingston wins a world title. Started 12/12/12
#3ShinXaguraPosted 12/1/2013 9:58:34 PM
1. Lighting Return
2. Final Fantasy XIII
3. Final Fantasy XIII-2

I don't hate Final Fantasy XIII (I like FFXIII story) but I don't like their gameplay and growth system.

I do love FFXIII's OST.
---
My life is Disgaea.
#4SuigintouEVPosted 12/1/2013 10:05:34 PM(edited)
Tales of Graces F is probably there. As a HUGE fan of Symphonia and Vesperia, and as a guy whose favorite game of all time is Abyss, I was on the preorders for this thing as early as I could be.

... and then I got this totally mickey mouse game that had none of the traits I loved about the other 3, other than superficial stuff like being a cel-shaded action RPG. I really did love some of its gameplay.. like Dualizing, combat, and it even had some fun characters like Pascal and Malik. But it was like an average high school athlete at the olympics... you just cringe knowing that something ain't right. It starts with the horrible dub, and just continues with the crappy story and bland attempt at an overworld.
---
https://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-bring-bayonetta-1-to-wii-u
#5guineathewopPosted 12/1/2013 10:09:17 PM
Grand Theft Auto 4
Socom 4
Uncharted 3
The Last of Us
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Prototype 2
Hitman Absolution
Saint's Row 3
#6You_Need_A_LifePosted 12/1/2013 10:09:34 PM
SOCOM 4, for obvious reasons.

MGS2, because the first one was so spectacular, and this game **** all over it's style and tone. It's good on its own, but can't compare to the original in my mind. And no, Raiden has nothing to do with it.

Blood Omen 2, because I thought it would, essentially, be a 3D version of the original, which is one of my all-time favourite games.

I don't remember any really major disappointments on earlier consoles.
#7peter_888Posted 12/1/2013 10:12:37 PM(edited)
SuigintouEV posted...
Tales of Graces F is probably there. As a HUGE fan of Symphonia and Vesperia, and as a guy whose favorite game of all time is Abyss, I was on the preorders for this thing as early as I could be.

... and then I got this totally mickey mouse game that had none of the traits I loved about the other 3, other than superficial stuff like being a cel-shaded action RPG. I really did love some of its gameplay.. like Dualizing, combat, and it even had some fun characters like Pascal and Malik. But it was like an average high school athlete at the olympics... you just cringe knowing that something ain't right. It starts with the horrible dub, and just continues with the crappy story and bland attempt at an overworld.

can't say I agree on this aspect in terms of the discovery system that fleshs out the world better than the overworlds even though Graces field to field system was pretty linear. though then again, I do consider Graces to be my 2nd favorite game in the series( favorite is abyss) and I even consider the story to be on par with Vesperia.(though I do consier Vesperia story to be the weaker tale stories). Love the characters though.

anyway, for me. It got to be Dragon Age 2 by far.

everything about the game just screams lazy to me.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#8kaminarikidPosted 12/1/2013 10:11:54 PM
Graces isn't cel-shaded. You really need your eyes checked if you think it is.
---
PSN: Kaminari_Kid
Not changing this signature until Kofi Kingston wins a world title. Started 12/12/12
#9DarknessXSeekerPosted 12/1/2013 10:16:26 PM
Bioshock Infinite, it looked like it was going to be really fun. But I got bored with the game really fast.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#10archizzyPosted 12/1/2013 10:18:28 PM
Of all time?

Too many growing up. There were some real turds on the Atari/IntelliVision/ColecoVision and even into the NES era.

The worst part was there was nothing really to go on for info. Even early on in the NES years you might get a little blurb in EGM or Nintendo Power but you were basically buying blind and rolling the dice.

I did a lot of renting in the NES era because there were so many bad games.

Seems like a lot of people remember some classics/favorites and have this perception that the entire library was golden but the reality is you had to sift through a lot of dirt to find that gold.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton