This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games this generation better than The Last of Us

#31edomon007Posted 12/20/2013 2:02:50 PM(edited)
Super Mario Galaxy (highest Gamerankings score of all time), Super Mario Galaxy 2 are my Games of this Generation (Wii/PS3/360) in my opinion.
But there are too many games this gen better than TLoU in my opinion.

---
Opinions are Opinions
Opinions are not facts.
#32MrMikeMaPosted 12/20/2013 2:03:07 PM
How was this game ahead of it's time?

It was a predictable, by the numbers Michael Bay flick.

Every chapter was the exact same formula

Rummage for crap to add filler story, find secrets, make some weapons and health packs.

Fight waves of infected or bandits.

Process to next area.

Dialog.

Next chapter

Now, the dilalog and voice acting was good, Joel and Ellie had very good chemistry, but the story itself was laughable.

When you think about it, you fought the same FIVE enemies the entire game. Infected, infected hunters, clickers, bloated clickers and bandits.

Decent game, but it saddens me when people consider this game the best of the generation, or ahead of it's time. Make me realize that graphics do mean more to gamers these days.
#33agrissaPosted 12/20/2013 2:06:29 PM
MrMikeMa posted...
How was this game ahead of it's time?

It was a predictable, by the numbers Michael Bay flick.

Every chapter was the exact same formula

Rummage for crap to add filler story, find secrets, make some weapons and health packs.

Fight waves of infected or bandits.

Process to next area.

Dialog.

Next chapter

Now, the dilalog and voice acting was good, Joel and Ellie had very good chemistry, but the story itself was laughable.

When you think about it, you fought the same FIVE enemies the entire game. Infected, infected hunters, clickers, bloated clickers and bandits.

Decent game, but it saddens me when people consider this game the best of the generation, or ahead of it's time. Make me realize that graphics do mean more to gamers these days.

Very well said! The standards of gamers have dropped so much it's depressing to see. TLoU actually represents a big step BACKWARDS for games and represents everything that's wrong with modern gaming.
---
Remember when games used to be good?
Proudly boycotting Capcom and DLCs.
#34Dark_SpiretPosted 12/20/2013 2:11:39 PM
dunno about quality wise, but i know of a few this year that i personally enjoyed more than it...

Rogue Legacy
Tales of Xillia
XCOM: Enemy Within
Path of Exile
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
The Wolf Among Us Ep1
The Stanley Parable
Shadow Warrior
Rayman Legends
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Saints Row IV
PayDay 2
The Swapper
Sanctum 2
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Tomb Raider
---
Currently playing: Rogue Legacy - Tales of Xillia - Skyrim
#35OracleGunnerPosted 12/20/2013 2:13:08 PM
What a weird way to spell Portal TC.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
#36riddlebox89Posted 12/20/2013 2:13:38 PM
agrissa posted...
Basically any game that has actual gameplay >>>>>>>>>TLoU.

Hmm *Puts it in and puts controller down, nothing happens, picks controller up and starts pushing buttons and playing the game, stuff happens.*

Yeah...I'm gonna say you're full of s*** as always, especially since gameplay is when you're holding the controller, pushing buttons and making the character(s) in the game do stuff, not the warped definition of gameplay you pulled out of your backside.

And lol at Last of Us representing what's wrong with modern day gaming, that's complete bull and if you had any form of common sense you'd know that, the only thing wrong with modern day gaming is people like you.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#37docman864Posted 12/20/2013 2:14:45 PM
RollingCradle posted...
Lara kicked some butt in TR2013, game was awesome and truly open world not dressed-up hallways like in The Crap of Us, TR2013 is a step into the future vision of video games entertainment.

you are only saying that because TR is on PC.
---
"Interactive movie = Video game" --- TheNewWave
Beyond: Two Souls is GOTY of 2013
#38boxingtonPosted 12/20/2013 2:18:11 PM
IMO, there are only three games that that if out ahead if it:

Max Payne 3
Batman: Arkham City
Grand Theft Auto V

It's still in my top five games this gen, though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sKZJxm4.jpg
#39brolynickPosted 12/20/2013 2:30:57 PM
I like how most people hating on TLoU for having ''no gameplay'' like turn-based RPG's, which is pretty much clicking stuff in menus.

But anyway, at the top of my head I'd have to say Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 2. Possibly Portal 2, Rayman Legends is also exceptional. Top 5 game this gen for sure though.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#40HippopotamusRexPosted 12/20/2013 2:34:51 PM(edited)
I heard Quentin Tarantino at one point bought a copy, to which he was skeptical, but after finishing it his jaw dropped at the sheer artistic and serious themes that zombie fiction in popular culture is capable of portraying, especially by Naughty Dog.

He will never make a campy zombie movie again now that the potential to tell the zombie apocalypse as high art is realized by this timeless classic.
---
How can you prove the Bible to be false? Were you there 6000 years ago? I didn't think so.