This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

whats so special about Max Payne 3

#11docman864Posted 12/20/2013 2:12:03 PM
PolishCoc katiel posted...
TrollingCradle posted...

same guy that brags about his PC all the time on PS3 boards -__-
---
"Interactive movie = Video game" --- TheNewWave
Beyond: Two Souls is GOTY of 2013
#12gamer6587(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 2:22:46 PM
I think I really suck at this game, I'm playing it like Uncharted/Gears and on average, I die about 10 times per Chapter

When enemies are low on health, they start blind firing behind cover... So annoying, I wish they would just pop their heads out like in Uncharted games
---
Currently Playing: GTA V & The Last of Us
#13Dark_SpiretPosted 12/20/2013 2:47:29 PM
its all about the actual act of shooting in that game. If youre not into shooting lots of dudes then yeah you might not like it. The level of violence mixed with the incredible attention to detail int he models and environments along with the actual elements of shooting a gun with the recoil, modeling, animations, hit reactions ect. all come together to make for a pretty sexy and brutal shooter expereince which honestly not a lot of games do right.

and thats something honestly cause i didnt care for MP3 that much, but its action was damn good.
---
Currently playing: Rogue Legacy - Tales of Xillia - Skyrim
#14NulshPosted 12/20/2013 7:56:27 PM
Without reading above comments, all i can say is tht its one of the best games i ve ever played, i love shooters and this game was mint, loved the mp and all the variations u could have.
---
Nulsh
#15PhoenixmgsPosted 12/20/2013 8:38:24 PM
shawnmck posted...
The shooting mechanics are also good, but are not for everyone (as they are a bit stylized).

MP3's shooting mechanics are horrible from a technical standpoint. Firstly, you have to take your left thumb off the left stick to switch shoulders. Secondly, you have to bring up a radial menu to switch guns and that doesn't pause the game either. Thirdly, the cover system is horrible, you can't even crouch in cover so if Max is standing straight up in cover and the top third of Max's cover gets shot and destroyed, Max will not crouch to hide his head. Max can't go from prone to cover, he has to stand up and then go to cover, which is a huge problem because of the number of times you dive and want to take cover afterward and the number of last stands you have in the game. The crouch button barely even works, you gotta hold crouch for a full second for Max to actually crouch. I understand Max is supposed to be sluggish but the controls make him feel so mechanical as well.

MP3 also falls into the "whack-a-mole" syndrome that no cover shooter ever should. So much of the game ends up having you sit in cover waiting for enemies to pop up. The enemies even come off as moles in bullet time as they will duck during bullet time, it's so annoying. MP3 only excels in close quarters gunfights yet so many of the gunfights have you shooting enemies at range, which is where the shooting isn't very good. The police station at the end is actually pretty awesome, then the last area at the airport is so bad. That one gunfight at the end in the hanger is so horrible as well; if you go too far to the right or left, you get cutscene killed. That game forces you to stay in the middle as you get shot from all sides.
---
"Half of writing history is hiding the truth" - Malcolm Reynolds - Serenity
#16JanayBerryPosted 12/20/2013 8:40:07 PM
You_Need_A_Life posted...
gamer6587 posted...
I spent the last 9 or so hours repeatedly shooting the same people without any puzzles/exploration/platforming to break up the repetition

...you, uh, never played the first two, did you. Notice the lack of a question mark, as mine was clearly rhetorical.

I see what you did there.
---
PSN: Jim_Berry - http://psnprofiles.com/Jim_Berry
FFXIV: ARR - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3089119/
#17JanayBerryPosted 12/20/2013 8:47:05 PM
Max Payne 3 has enough options. There's single-player story that is brilliant imo along with collectibles.

The multiplayer has everything from vs to Horde.

I got the game off PSN when it was on sale. The one I purchased was $7.99, and came with the full game and season pass, while the season pass gave me free access to ALL current content.

Only have one problem with the game; for some reason, it's like it rolls me back when I load my save. I got to Chapter 3, but when I played again, I was at the beginning where I was shooting the guys that were chasing the girl while I was on the helicopter.

In multiplayer, even my custom character don't save.

I have yet to get a trophy, and I KNOW I met the requirements.
---
PSN: Jim_Berry - http://psnprofiles.com/Jim_Berry
FFXIV: ARR - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3089119/
#18vind3dPosted 12/20/2013 8:51:27 PM
I liked the actual game mechanics of MP3, but some of the maps don't really give you any good places for cover while enemies at 9, 12 and 3 o'clock can pick you off from just about any angle. The flashbacks and or forwards kinda confused the story for me. But I think voice actor James McCaffrey's performance is one of the things that raises the overall quality of the game.
---
Why do tv comedies have laugh tracks but movie comedies don't?
#19ShioonVailgloryPosted 12/20/2013 9:00:58 PM
What's so special about you or your mom.
#20DarkSymbiotePosted 12/20/2013 9:12:01 PM
It lacks the sharp writing of the first game and has this nasty screen effect during cutscenes.
---
R.I.P. Nelson Mandela.