This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hardest game you've played on a Sony system?

#1DarthZeldaPosted 12/21/2013 4:07:29 PM
God of War is up there only because of the bits where you only have enough time to the challenge and should you screw up you may as well start over. Really of all the parts of that game gave me a headache, I really hated the part where you have to kick a platform from one side of the room to another side with no rom for error.

However the hardest game I have played thus far, and most recent, has got to be JAK 2. Great game, just really f****** hard. I needed to step away from this game for a while. I like a challenges, I like hard games, but impossibly hard challenges that aren't optional are not needed.
---
This sentence is false. The previous sentence is true.
#2shawnmckPosted 12/21/2013 4:15:42 PM
Probably Demon's Souls.
That False King Boss kept kicking my ass.
lol

The Ornstein & Smough boss in Dark Souls 2 would be a close second.

That's not to say that the games were entirely hard...just that certain areas & particular bosses were very frustrating.

Although now I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I had trouble in either game.
I know there are probably games that are much harder...but I doubt that I played them.
Plus, some games tend to harder or easier for different people...go figure.
#3jason19192Posted 12/21/2013 4:20:26 PM
Exclusive or multiplat?

Exclusive: crash bandicoot 2
Multiplat: call of duty World at war veteran
#4DarthZelda(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 4:26:34 PM
jason19192 posted...
Exclusive or multiplat?

Exclusive: crash bandicoot 2
Multiplat: call of duty World at war veteran

Doesn't matter.

COD: WAW on veteran was hard as hell, but I did finish most of the levels. If it wasn't for the grenade spamming I'd finsh it it on veteran....
---
This sentence is false. The previous sentence is true.
#5KOVO333Posted 12/21/2013 5:41:23 PM
Gun and Frontier from the Toei Collection 2. Holy F*** hard as balls shmup

King's Field 4

Demon's Souls/Dark Souls...kind of obligatory

Siren

Shadow of Destiny...finding out wth I'm supposed to do w/o a guide was hard on my patience

Ico

Kane and Lynch 1 n 2 on Hard

MGS 2 and 3 on Extreme

all i can think of now

GTA 5 was probably the easiest game I've played in that series. The cops were just annoying but I finished most every mission without dying once. Only the end of the last heist where you're in the shootout with Merryweather's mercs was a real challenge
#6epictetus1216Posted 12/21/2013 6:34:52 PM
Just on normal level Vanquish and Ninja Gaiden Sigma are 2 of the hardest games I've played that comes to mind.
#7MelenatorPosted 12/21/2013 7:26:45 PM
Max Payne 3 on highest w/ free aim on. Brutal.

God of War 3, hades took FOREVER

Then there Shadow of the Collosus. Sometimes I would just fling that controller across the room because I fell and have to swim 30,000 miles like an grandma then climb the damn monster.
#8Gamerz_FantasyPosted 12/21/2013 7:28:51 PM
Hotline Miami
dark souls
twisted metal: online
#9awesomesauce13Posted 12/21/2013 7:28:54 PM
Without taking difficulty settings into account, definitely Demon's Souls
#10evidpeedPosted 12/21/2013 7:33:45 PM
I finished World at War on Veteran multiple times. I platinumed it twice. It was very annoying, but I tried to make the best of it. Grenades were random and dumb. It's a matter of luck, knowing when enemies are coming, and a lot if running and dodging. Lots of trial and error.

Jak 2 wasn't that hard for me either. Quite annoying at some points.

Shinobi was hard for me when I was younger. Hard mode was almost impossible for me. I'm not sure how well ill be at it now.
---
Official Vanitas of the Kingdom Hearts 3 board.
PSN: PhantomOfVanitas 3DS FC: 4141-2374-8993