This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a problem with my PS3, help please, share your knowledge, experience

#11servb0tsPosted 12/28/2013 10:37:32 PM
TC the smartest thing you can do is either Cloud Save or HDD save your saves, because when YLOD hit, when its gone, its gone and only your trophies will survive after your trophy sync.

At least you have time to do something about all your saves, my 500GB MGS bundle Fatty with PS2 B/C YLOD without warning I platinum 5 RPG, ontop of Mirror's Edge and Bleach SR all got wiped.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems.
A Strong Fighter is not One who Wins the Fight, But One who can Stands after Defeat.
#12shivah41Posted 12/29/2013 1:48:01 AM
yup i had the 500g backward compatible unit as well and YLOD 2 yrs ago. just got my console replaced in october bought a used one off a friend.
#13PerthboyPosted 12/29/2013 6:22:41 AM
Have you tried disconnecting everything from the console. Leave it for 10 mins then start it up again?
---
Perthboy
Mine is I-------------------this----------------------I big.
#14xiahoudun_wb(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 6:49:55 AM
Perthboy posted...
Have you tried disconnecting everything from the console. Leave it for 10 mins then start it up again?

Hmmm, never tried that...hv u tried that provided that u encounter similar issue like me? What's the result then?
---
All good things must come to an end...
PSN id: Xiahoudun2010
#15Marshall_LawPosted 12/29/2013 7:13:47 AM
My ps3 went through a period where it would cut off every so often for no reason then the Disc drive died...that was 6 months ago and I'm still playing digital games like a mofo
---
Six up never switch up Love, Life, loyalty, knowledge,wisdom,understanding. PSN kenjamin69
#16PerthboyPosted 12/29/2013 7:53:25 AM
xiahoudun_wb posted...
Perthboy posted...

Hmmm, never tried that...hv u tried that provided that u encounter similar issue like me? What's the result then?

My 320g Slim shut off during TLoU. Then when I tried to restart it the console would start up, beep 3 times and turn off again. I did the above and it hasn't happened since, that was nearly two months ago.
---
Perthboy
Mine is I-------------------this----------------------I big.
#17Marshall_LawPosted 12/29/2013 8:03:43 AM
I forgot to mention I took my ps3 apart piece by piece when it started acting up and it seemed to fix it...it possible it was jus the unplugging that fixed it, as with the above
---
Six up never switch up Love, Life, loyalty, knowledge,wisdom,understanding. PSN kenjamin69