This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't think I can game anymore...

#71WOT BSPosted 12/30/2013 9:59:14 PM
LaggingRed posted...
I think I've gamed so much that I can't even game anymore. I have no longer the urge to play video games. I've been a gamer all my life in these 21 years on earth.

Did I just burn out? Am I going through some kind of depression? I have gone through times where I didn't feel like gaming, but not as disconnected as I feel now.

I have been very productive lately. It's nice being useful, but I miss the hype and the joy of gaming. I still watch anime on surf on the internet, cuz it's fun, so I know I'm still kinda fine.

What happened to me?! has anyone else felt this way?

I stopped gaming from like 2004 to 2008, when i got a 360 it was awesome there was a massive library of games. I heard there was a huge drought of good titles when the ps3 and 360 came out, and it seems like historys repeating itself.
---
PSN: SociopathPhD
GT: Extract Hz
#72odcrl001Posted 12/30/2013 10:09:20 PM
Well, that's confusing cause you seem to still want to feel the need to play games, so I guess deep down inside you do?

Careful it can be that your using gaming to overcompensate for something, being life or being bored or whatever.

Try some classic old school games on emus? Or take a break and do something else and if your need is there, it will come back. Don't play games just to play. If it doesn't then no biggie on with your life.
#73delfrickintreePosted 12/30/2013 11:12:20 PM
zooknut posted...
man im more than 10 years older than you..ya go thru phases sometimes, I don't play for weeks at a time but other times I play just about everyday for weeks at a time..also it depends on yes a female and also your work/school schedule and other responsibilities that u have to tackle on regular basis.all play a roll

very true
#74chaosflame108Posted 12/30/2013 11:16:01 PM
Holden_Mcgroin posted...
Then gaming is not for you. I have been gaming for almost 31 years now, and I have never felt that way about games at all. To me, gaming is the only good thing in this world, and there is nothing else that even comes close to being exciting, or just as awesome as games. I have a wife, and was bored with it in 2 days. She knows that she will never be as good as my games.

Ha.
---
No. XI MARLUXIA
In the arc of his scythe, flowers grow and all else perishes.
#75FaustXIIPosted 12/30/2013 11:50:00 PM
Holden_Mcgroin posted...
Then gaming is not for you. I have been gaming for almost 31 years now, and I have never felt that way about games at all. To me, gaming is the only good thing in this world, and there is nothing else that even comes close to being exciting, or just as awesome as games. I have a wife, and was bored with it in 2 days. She knows that she will never be as good as my games.

lol you're the best
---
Currently Playing: FFT:WotL (iOS), Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX, CoD: Ghosts