This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else want to see an FF9 Crisis Core-like spinoff featuring Steiner?

#11REMercsChamp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 1:40:45 PM
Back on topic, I think they could also use this game as an opportunity to link the different ff games under one big "umbrella story". For instance, maybe 3 quarters or so into the game you could find genesis at the Nibelheim reactor or something.
---
Proud and secure True Gamer
#12delfrickintreePosted 1/1/2014 2:45:38 PM
REMercsChamp posted...
Back on topic, I think they could also use this game as an opportunity to link the different ff games under one big "umbrella story". For instance, maybe 3 quarters or so into the game you could find genesis at the Nibelheim reactor or something.

Just face it. You'll never have Chris Redfield and Cloud together fighting Ultamecia
#13VegantoKeensPosted 1/1/2014 2:59:38 PM(edited)
After hearing the FFX audio drama and novel BS, I would rather they keep their hands of old games that were actually good. If they were gonna do an FF9 prequel, I'd say checking out the Terrans and the genome project while Gaia is being killed, would be much more interesting and would explain the story. There was actually something there with Zack and the others. It was pretty much mandatory to properly explain it in a new game. Steiner has no such relevance.

And they already made Dissidia to cross over the FF games. Hell they even hinted at FF7 being the future of the FFX world.
---
Try not to cry in nostalgia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39pK2MV_sfs
GMT + 1 PSN = William-Lake
#14REMercsChamp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 2:58:59 PM
delfrickintree posted...
REMercsChamp posted...

Just face it. You'll never have Chris Redfield and Cloud together fighting Ultamecia

That's what my ex-wife said
---
Proud and secure True Gamer
#15SegavsCapcomPosted 1/1/2014 3:02:31 PM
I'd rather have a HD touch up.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#16AlltraPosted 1/1/2014 4:02:01 PM
VegantoKeens posted...
Hell they even hinted at FF7 being the future of the FFX world.

Beginning of the end dude. They couldn't figure out how to make good Final Fantasy games after FFIX, so to spice things up they started using the series legacy to drum up popularity. It's kind of a shameless plug, like how they tried to compare FFXIII: LR to Dark Souls, which is an even newer low in of itself because now they're trying to live off the popularity of other games outside the Final Fantasy Lineage.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#17Galeforce99Posted 1/1/2014 4:10:23 PM
Steiner, no. A Vivi game though, yes.
#18GazelMinistryPosted 1/1/2014 7:41:06 PM
SpreadDemLegs posted...
???

Hell no.

---
I am a nontheist, a nihilist. And I'm sure god loves me anyway.
#19SpurnerPosted 1/1/2014 7:56:06 PM
Dude, I love me some Steiner, but I do not want to play a whole game that revolves around him. Now Quina, on the other hand...
#20Killingjoke_666Posted 1/3/2014 10:25:27 PM
Nah Steiner was lame.
---
Otto: Wow! I had Mustard?!