This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 News: Drakengard 3 director now unemployed

#11fan360Posted 1/1/2014 1:57:09 PM
I thought Japanese company doesn't fire people.
#12Robin_MaskPosted 1/1/2014 1:58:16 PM
fan360 posted...

No, you're just not expected to change jobs, ever.
---
Support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#13mtjormitchPosted 1/1/2014 1:59:12 PM
fan360 posted...

Okay. I need to say this. This was not caused because he got fired or anything. It's because he was on a contract until 2014! Which started TODAY!

This is common in the video game industry, you hear of all those layoffs. Most of that really is contract workers like Yoko Taro.

Even knowing this. He will most likely get a new contract with SE again pretty easily. Drakengard 3 did sell well in Japan so he pretty much IS going to make D4 eventually. Not sure if it will come to North America but he will make D4. I can pretty much promise that.

Also, remember, once cavia went out of business Yoko Taro became a freelance agent. This is the breaks he deals with and he always can find a job due to the fact that he is talented at what he does.

Stop the hyperboll and get the truth out there for once. He will be coming back with more awesome stuff. Whether that means in a year or two to even five years he WILL come back to make more video games. Besides, he said that as long as the games make money he will be able to make more of them. And guess what! Drakengard 3 made money in Japan so he WILL return one day.
----------------------------------------------
I copy and pasted this from the official forum of what I wrote. Sorry if I seems aggressive towards you. I did not mean for that to be like that.
---
Story in video games have gotten more important than gameplay nowadays. I recommend dealing with this fact and learning that this is now a storytelling medium.
#14mtjormitchPosted 1/1/2014 2:00:55 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
fan360 posted...

Except when you are a video game developer. Seriously. The amount of job changing they do is pretty damn crazy in the video game development world. It seems like the exception of that rule.

Also, Taro is a freelance guy. He signs contracts and does his job until the contract is fulfilled.
---
Story in video games have gotten more important than gameplay nowadays. I recommend dealing with this fact and learning that this is now a storytelling medium.
#15Robin_MaskPosted 1/1/2014 2:02:07 PM
mtjormitch posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
fan360 posted...

Except when you are a video game developer. Seriously. The amount of job changing they do is pretty damn crazy in the video game development world. It seems like the exception of that rule.

Also, Taro is a freelance guy. He signs contracts and does his job until the contract is fulfilled.

Didn't even know about that. Weird hearing about a freelancer.
---
#16mtjormitchPosted 1/1/2014 2:07:29 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
mtjormitch posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
fan360 posted...

Didn't even know about that. Weird hearing about a freelancer.

The guy who made the first God of War game I think is a freelancer as well. Most music composers are freelanced and writers are as well.

All the while some companies as a whole are freelanced like crazy. Just look at the first minute of Aliens Colonial marines and you will see what I mean.
---
#17Robin_MaskPosted 1/1/2014 2:10:05 PM
mtjormitch posted...
The guy who made the first God of War game I think is a freelancer as well. Most music composers are freelanced and writers are as well.

All the while some companies as a whole are freelanced like crazy. Just look at the first minute of Aliens Colonial marines and you will see what I mean.

David Jaffe, I would like to know why he left GOW, oh well.

Not really sure they're the same, I think that was just Gearbox and that Pitchford guy being asses.
---
#18chaosflame108Posted 1/1/2014 3:38:57 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
JiZamez posted...
LOL Let's see how xenosalesman123 tries to flip this.

How bad have the flips been? What other flips have there been from the salesman?

I take it you missed it's huge tirade after "Lightning Returns" released in Japan?
---
No. XI MARLUXIA
In the arc of his scythe, flowers grow and all else perishes.
#19Robin_MaskPosted 1/1/2014 3:56:59 PM
chaosflame108 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
JiZamez posted...

How bad have the flips been? What other flips have there been from the salesman?

I take it you missed it's huge tirade after "Lightning Returns" released in Japan?

Yep, no idea what happened and curious.
---
#20AnonUnknownPosted 1/1/2014 4:14:23 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
chaosflame108 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
JiZamez posted...

Yep, no idea what happened and curious.

I clearly remember xeno being overexcited for the title, he even said that the final boss was the third best of all the franchise...

Now he thinks the game is a disgrace and doesn't care about that boss anymore.

Also LOL @ the title.