This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DmC is horrendously offensive to its old fans, but damn I can respect the Music.

#81darkslayer001Posted 1/15/2014 10:19:14 PM
RyuVegas posted...

I see the hair scene as similar to scene that happens in X-Men: First Class when James McAvoy as Professor Xavier puts on the Prototype Cerebro Helmet for the first time and the scientist guy operating the machine goes, "Is there no way we could shave you're head? it would give a better connection..." To which James sharply replies, "Don't touch my hair" making it a reference to the fact that older Xavier was in fact bald. Seems clever to me.

just my 2 cents: the line delivered during the wig scene has myself and many folks slightly pissed off. when Tameen wrote/included the line 'not in a million years' is like saying the fans won't see their Dante/DMC lore return 'in a million years'. If they had omitted that line, and just had Donte react to the wig, there is no problem and would be considered recognizing the og series.

CrimsonGear80 posted...
I'm a fan of the franchise and DmC isn't offensive at all. guess you forgot me when you took the DMC fanbase census...

RyuVegas posted...

But... you guys are a minority. So tell me, as a fan of the franchise before DmC existed, what are the things that you do like about DmC and how you don't think it is offensive to you? I'm curious to know because you guys are so rare.

you are saying that the DMC fanbase is a minority? huh, i guess the 2 million people who bought DMC4 that didn't buy DmC is considered a minority....
#82RyuVegas(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 10:31:42 PM
darkslayer001 posted...

you are saying that the DMC fanbase is a minority? huh, i guess the 2 million people who bought DMC4 that didn't buy DmC is considered a minority....

Take the statement one step further: I'm saying Fans that like BOTH the orignal DMC franchise before DmC was even a reality and those same fans that also like DmC are a rare minority. Not that the entire old fanbase is a rarity.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP- LoZ:ALBW, Borderlands 2, RaC:ItN
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#83darkslayer001Posted 1/15/2014 10:34:13 PM
RyuVegas posted...
darkslayer001 posted...

Take the statement one step further: I'm saying Fans that like BOTH the orignal DMC franchise before DmC was even a reality and those same fans that also like DmC are a rare minority. Not that the entire old fanbase is a rarity.

apologies if i came of as rude
I just see some people here say DMC fanbase that dislikes DmC are the vocal minority, which isn't true.
#84RyuVegas(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 10:40:23 PM
S'all Good, darkslayer. I get where you're coming from.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP- LoZ:ALBW, Borderlands 2, RaC:ItN
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#85CrimsonGear80Posted 1/15/2014 10:54:46 PM
wrote/included the line 'not in a million years' is like saying the fans won't see their Dante/DMC lore return 'in a million years'.

....or....and stay with me on this one.....it was just a rib and you are looking waaaaaaaaaay too much into it.
---
The night is turning thin. The saint is turning to sin.
http://i.imgur.com/SEj3OoR.gif