This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Decent quality games that can just be picked up and played?

#1latimasterPosted 1/17/2014 11:15:08 PM
My brother just got a ps3 and I'm letting him play some of my games. While watching him, I've started to notice that every "cool game" that I have that he'd wanna play is extremely story based, lots of cinematic, has a long tutorial section/prologue, and a bunch of different controls and mechanics. (The last of us, assassins creed, etc) He's 18 and I'm 19 but he doesn't really play games at all and he's not the brightest so it's kinda hard for him to grasps them, especially since his attention span is short. Can anyone recommend any games that aren't fighting, sports, or considered "kiddie" (little big planet, sonic, sly cooper,) etc.? Also our internet has been out for a while so I can't just give him call of duty or something to let him play online.

Tl;dr: need some easy pick up and play games without long stories but have lots of killing or blood or something "mature"
#2freesithPosted 1/17/2014 11:19:58 PM
The Arkham games have a challenge mode that's easy to pick up and play, but obviously no killing.
#3latimaster(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2014 11:23:02 PM
freesith posted...
The Arkham games have a challenge mode that's easy to pick up and play, but obviously no killing.

I have those and I was actually considering them when I made this. Beating guys up is just as good.
#4TomoEK9Posted 1/17/2014 11:25:45 PM
GTA4 and GTA5 come to mind pretty quickly. Long story-based games, or you can just hop into a car and start killing hookers for the high score.
#5latimaster(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2014 11:31:13 PM
TomoEK9 posted...
GTA4 and GTA5 come to mind pretty quickly. Long story-based games, or you can just hop into a car and start killing hookers for the high score.

I was thinking about GTA 4 as well but he might be put off by it because 5 is out now. I have 5 but it's a digital download on my ps3 and I play mine while he plays his sometimes.

I know it may sound like I'm shooting you guys' ideas down but I really appreciate the input so far
#6ill-thoughtsPosted 1/17/2014 11:31:19 PM
Saints Row The Third sounds like exactly what youre looking for. once you get past the initial 2 missions, the world is open and the gangs are all available for you to do combat with.
#7Red_JesterPosted 1/17/2014 11:50:52 PM
There's nothing wrong with wanting to play video games to actually... play them.

Go with Red Faction: Guerrilla. It's like $5 and immediately throws you into demolishing things with explosives and a hammer.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#8latimaster(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 11:24:24 AM
Yeah I have saint's row 3 digital as well but that's a really good choice so I might just go buy him a copy of that and red factions. Appreciate everything people. Thanks!
#9servb0tsPosted 1/18/2014 11:30:31 AM(edited)
PSN Sound Shape & Cloudberry Kingdom.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems.
A Strong Fighter is not One who Wins the Fight, But One who can Stands after Defeat.
#10ilikefordsPosted 1/18/2014 11:28:58 AM
Just Cause 2
---
PSN ID:I_Like_Fords / GT: Genckler
[R3D] --- I am a Motorcyclist :: Buying new bike in spring!