This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

rant: do people still read?

#11Deja-EntenduPosted 1/17/2014 10:50:29 PM
If the kid isn't a moron then who cares? My parents let me play MGS2, GTA III, and Silent Hill when I was 7 because I knew it was fake. You don't know the kid or the family life so don't judge them.
---
bettr than u deal w/ it
#12servb0tsPosted 1/17/2014 11:04:41 PM
Kids are getting more mature than they used to, besides she could have her son point out the game, to buy her husband or older son. you never know.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems.
A Strong Fighter is not One who Wins the Fight, But One who can Stands after Defeat.
#13merqabahPosted 1/17/2014 11:13:09 PM
once i saw a couple of kids about 14 who looked like dorks, you know messy hair, stripped t-shirt tucked in their pants with the buttons all the way up, both were dressed like clones of each other. then their mother came to the counter, and asked the guy in charge for videogames without violence and swearing.

i swear those two guys are going to have more trouble than the kids who watched GTA.
---
PSA: Their/there/they're are not the same, nor then/than and should of does not exist it's should have
#14Dynasty3Posted 1/18/2014 10:32:57 AM
I've watched Terminator 2 every year on my birthday since I was 4 years old. I've played violent video games since the dawning of violent video games. Metal Gear Solid 1 when I was 9 or 10. All the GTAs.

I've never even been in a fight. I've never had a single problem with violence or acting out. I'm a 26 year old contributing member of society.

Again, stop judging people you don't know squat about.
---
Engulf means obliterate
#15Mad_CauliflowerPosted 1/18/2014 10:35:42 AM
You know, when I was working at EB, I used to relish in stopping kids from buying games like GTA.

They plead with their parent about how it's okay and they know it's not real, then act like 3 year olds when the parent stands their ground.

A mature kid, would see that the ratings are there for a reason, and say "hey, i'm 11, maybe I don't need to be playing this sort of game yet"
---
"Didn't open the box." And what was it last time, "Didn't know what the box was?" And yet, we do keep finding each other, don't we?"
#16LightbornePosted 1/18/2014 10:53:10 AM(edited)
I agree with the tc and the only people who disagree are either peeves or don't have kids. And please anyone can keep there kids from watching junk tv the schools have rules about dress codes so that doesnt make sense.

And no kids aren't more mature then we give them credit for, now there are a few that are smarter but that does not make them mature in the least. There brains are still developing anyways.

Keep your opinions to.yourself unless your some professional who works with kids or have kids other wise you don't know what your talking about.

And by the way you really don't have a right to judge people for sheltering there kids, and you find a balance in between you don't shelter but you don't need to over expose either.
---
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MfZmR2w_uf0. Teleportation girl has been caught on video several times in china, videos have been proven real.
#17Charging_ZebraPosted 1/18/2014 10:51:32 AM
A 7-8 year old kid has no business playing GTA V, and that parent has no business buying it for them. I don't care how "mature" the kid is, they're all highly impressionable.
#18PsychoWolfXPosted 1/18/2014 10:59:42 AM
If I had a kid who wanted to play a M rated game like GTA, CoD, whatever, I probably would let them go ahead and play it, but I would actually take the time to keep a eye on them and make sure the game isn't influencing their behavior.Most kids have enough sense to understand the difference between a game and reality.
---
3DS FC: 2879-0740-0938 Currently Playing RF4, Tales of the Abyss, Pokemon Y, Animal Crossing NL
#19Dynasty3Posted 1/18/2014 11:14:49 AM
PsychoWolfX posted...
If I had a kid who wanted to play a M rated game like GTA, CoD, whatever, I probably would let them go ahead and play it, but I would actually take the time to keep a eye on them and make sure the game isn't influencing their behavior.Most kids have enough sense to understand the difference between a game and reality.

This.

You all are judgmental asses. Congratulations. Your kids hate you.
---
Engulf means obliterate
#20Dynasty3Posted 1/18/2014 11:16:21 AM
Lightborne posted...
I agree with the tc and the only people who disagree are either peeves or don't have kids. And please anyone can keep there kids from watching junk tv the schools have rules about dress codes so that doesnt make sense.

And no kids aren't more mature then we give them credit for, now there are a few that are smarter but that does not make them mature in the least. There brains are still developing anyways.

Keep your opinions to.yourself unless your some professional who works with kids or have kids other wise you don't know what your talking about.

And by the way you really don't have a right to judge people for sheltering there kids, and you find a balance in between you don't shelter but you don't need to over expose either.

Considering I had better English skills at 11 than you do now, maybe it's you who needs to shut your mouth and keep your opinions to yourself, chap.
---
Engulf means obliterate