This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone who says Bioshock was better than Infinite is clueless.

#21Gunvalkyrie2Posted 1/18/2014 10:14:49 AM
TimeOfTheDark posted...
Especially those who say the original had better gameplay. The movement was so slow and clunky in the original. The shooting mechanics were awful and the gameplay felt like it was 1999, slow and primitive.

Both had great settings and stories. No doubt, but Infinite was superior in every other way. Infinite had incredible artwork and graphics, and while so did Bioshovk for the time, I feel the colorful sky > dark underwater.

Missing in Infinite is an interesting environment, atmosphere, characters, and story = a reason to play it. The gameplay was also dumbed down..it may have been faster and more refined but that doesn't make up for all the things it lacked.

so who's clueless?
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#22SaintZetsuPosted 1/18/2014 10:16:13 AM
I enjoyed all of them. Is that so bad?
---
3DS FC: 0516 - 7479 - 8916
Cory is in the house and the mods can't stop him
#23crazyj10Posted 1/18/2014 10:35:41 AM
SaintZetsu posted...
I enjoyed all of them. Is that so bad?

I enjoyed all of them as well, doesn't mean I can't think one is superior.
---
"Don't worry. I'm here. Someone told me I'm the only one who can save the world."
-Purple Heart
#24PsychoWolfXPosted 1/18/2014 10:36:40 AM
I much prefer Rapture to Coloumbia

I loved the whole "Horror" feel Biohock 1 conveyed.

Bioshock had MUCH better enemies. The splicers and Big Daddies were excellent. Infinite had decent bosses too, but come on. A big, Gatling gun wielding George Washington just doesn't compare to a Big Daddy.
---
3DS FC: 2879-0740-0938 Currently Playing RF4, Tales of the Abyss, Pokemon Y, Animal Crossing NL
#25FoxtrotDelta88Posted 1/18/2014 10:38:39 AM
I enjoyed 1 more due to various reasons, atmosphere was better, environment was better, i like the creepy setting amd enemies. Infinite' s enemies just seem like generic COD style enemies with guns, Bioshock at least had enemies tgat resembled something out of a horror type game
---
I believe in Jim Gordon...I believe in Harvey Dent...I believe in Gotham City
#26RyuVegasPosted 1/18/2014 10:39:52 AM
Uh... TC must not have replayed Bioshock 1 recently. I got to off my bro's Infinite disc and you're flatout lying. They play pretty much about the same. Dunno where you're getting 1 was AT ALL "slow and clunky." We must have played to different versions of Bioshock then.

The only thing I can see drastically different is 1 is more cohesive with its lore and setting, especially having Splicers as enemies because they showed they were the old citizens corrupted. Infinite was just more arbitrary and you just kind had to accept what was going on. I think Yahtzee of zero Punctuation said it best, IMO: "Bioshock 1 is like a horror movie where the protagonist has come to the aftermath of a horrible party gone wrong while Infinite is more 'Lets have a party!' And the party is YOU."
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP- LoZ:ALBW, Borderlands 2, RaC:ItN
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#27Charging_ZebraPosted 1/18/2014 10:39:57 AM
PsychoWolfX posted...
I much prefer Rapture to Coloumbia

I loved the whole "Horror" feel Biohock 1 conveyed.

Bioshock had MUCH better enemies. The splicers and Big Daddies were excellent. Infinite had decent bosses too, but come on. A big, Gatling gun wielding George Washington just doesn't compare to a Big Daddy.
#28LightbornePosted 1/18/2014 10:41:36 AM
I said 2 is better then infinite. And guns are really boring in infinite.
---
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MfZmR2w_uf0. Teleportation girl has been caught on video several times in china, videos have been proven real.
#29TimeOfTheDark(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 10:43:20 AM
What are these amazing things you people claim gameplay wise the original had that Infinite didn't? Those terribad plumbing hacking puzzles? Also 90 percent of the original's gameplay was killing the same splicers over and over. Infinite had a big variety in enemies. Also don't claim Infinite didn't have an amazing story and chars too. The fact is, gameplay wise, the original didn't stand the test of time, and just a few years later, people just getting into it deem it unplayable. No one says the same for good old games like Half Life or SMB3 etc. I liked bio when it came out but I reslize it was solely for its story and atmosphere, snd Infinite is clearly superior when it came to gameplay.
#30anonymous46773Posted 1/18/2014 10:45:40 AM
*misses ammo mods and being allowed to carry more than 2 guns*
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.