This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the best couch co-op games for the PS3?

#1kahPosted 1/18/2014 10:15:12 AM
I already have Lara Croft Guardian of Life, that one Contra game, and Borderlands 2. What are some other PS3 games that have really good couch co-op?
#2evidpeedPosted 1/18/2014 10:19:55 AM
Disney Universe is fun as well as other Disney/Pixar games. Kung fu panda, shrek, Madagascar racing, Dreamworks racing, etc.

Portal 2 is fun, Dead Nation can get hectic in a good way, I had a lot of fun with Resistance as well.
---
Official Vanitas of the Kingdom Hearts 3 board.
PSN: PhantomOfVanitas 3DS FC: 4141-2374-8993
#3Jx1010Posted 1/18/2014 10:31:24 AM
Dragons Crown..... If u enjoy 2D beat em ups, but this one has rpg elements, level up and
stuff like that

Earthworm jim HD...... Fun 2D sidescroller up to 4 people
#4servb0tsPosted 1/18/2014 10:31:40 AM
Lego Games in general.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems.
A Strong Fighter is not One who Wins the Fight, But One who can Stands after Defeat.
#5Charging_ZebraPosted 1/18/2014 10:55:51 AM
Little Big Planet
Ratchet and Clank All 4 One
#6RyuVegasPosted 1/18/2014 12:07:36 PM
Damn most I would mention have already been. The Tales of games have a co- op element to the combat. It's pretty damn cool from the very kitty I've experienced with friends.

PSN has the PixelJunk games, Shooter 1&2 and Eden I know for sure, that have co-op.

Then you got Castle Crashers, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Double a Dragon Neon for beat me ups. I know there are more as looking these up will usually yield others under a "Related Titles" type of banner.

There's Hardcore Uprising as an anime-styled remake of Contra by Arc Systems Works - the guys behind BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, P4: Arena, Arcana Hearts 3, and Chaos Code.

And to get more fringe I hear Kane & Lynch 1(not 2 as that is a middle finger to games in general) is pretty good for its co-op in its uniqueness for the players seeing different things as Kane or Lynch. Army of Two I hear is decent but again not its sequels.

I'm sure I know more they just are t coming to me right now.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP- LoZ:ALBW, Borderlands 2, RaC:ItN
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#7You_Need_A_LifePosted 1/18/2014 12:15:08 PM
Fairytale Fights. HILARIOUS!
#8JanayBerryPosted 1/18/2014 12:15:28 PM
Go old school and grab trophies while you're at it:

- Altered Beast
- Golden Axe
- Streets of Rage 2

Then, there are others:

- Castle Crashers
- Double Dragon Neon
- Lost Planet 2
- Moon Diver (but not worth $15, imo)
- Rainbow Six Vegas 2
- Resident Evil 5
- Resident Evil 6
- Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game
- Warriors Orochi 3
---
PSN: Jim_Berry - http://psnprofiles.com/Jim_Berry
FFXIV: ARR - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3089119/
#9Dave4202Posted 1/18/2014 12:21:46 PM(edited)
Dungeon Defenders, don't know why no one ever mentions this game. I had a blast with it.

Also, Diablo 3 has some fun co op.

Also Street Fighter x Tekken, I didn't really enjoy the game that much but couch co op was a blast.
#10shaftymcnastyPosted 1/18/2014 1:18:19 PM
I wouldn't recommend playing co-op with the Tales games. Yes, there is co-op during combat but everything else is single player which can be really boring for the other person. That's the reason my wife and I stopped playing Tales of Graces F together.