This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you do with games that are available on both PS3 & PS4?

#11MrMolinaroPosted 1/20/2014 4:26:14 PM
SonicNash posted...
I guess I will just go ahead and buy AC4 on PS3. Does buying the DLCs for the PS3 give me a discount for the DLCs for the PS4 version?

DLC is cross-buy.
---
PSN/XBL/NNID/Steam - MrMolinaro /// 3DS FC: 4785 - 5733 - 5896
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/MrMolinaro.png
#12PsychoWolfXPosted 1/20/2014 4:34:23 PM
My friend said something about being able to register your PS3 version of a game on PSN and then being able to upgrade to PS4 version later for a $10 fee.
He bought a $20 PSN card a little while back for Battlefield 4 and Black Flag.
---
3DS FC: 2879-0740-0938 Currently Playing RF4, Tales of the Abyss, Pokemon Y, Animal Crossing NL
#13Evil_GogetaPosted 1/20/2014 4:44:27 PM
That's why I'm pushing back my purchase of a ps4 for a year or so due to the fact that all ps4 games that I want are also going to be in the ps3.

Yakuza Ishin, Natural Doctrine etc!
---
Biggest JoJo`s Bizarre Adventure Fan.
My JoJo/JPN Game based channel: http://bit.ly/15HUBPr
#14SonicNash(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2014 5:27:22 PM
MrMolinaro posted...
SonicNash posted...
I guess I will just go ahead and buy AC4 on PS3. Does buying the DLCs for the PS3 give me a discount for the DLCs for the PS4 version?

DLC is cross-buy.

Cross-buy mean I have the PS4 version DLC for free?
---
DragonIsLeonheart: Women who ignored men, deserved to be harassed since they provoked them.
#15nanofazz97Posted 1/21/2014 6:05:07 PM
If you are planning to buy a cross gen title, always go with the current gen version. Even though the PS4 version of a game is guaranteed to look better than the PS3 version, it is basically the same exact game with very minor texture improvements. The game developers were not too familiar with the next gen console technology before their game was released. However, within three or four years, the titles for the PS4 will look substantially better than the launch titles, so I would skip on buying a PS4 console this year and just get the PS3 version of AC4 Black Flag.
#16SonicNash(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 6:59:48 PM
nanofazz97 posted...
If you are planning to buy a cross gen title, always go with the current gen version. Even though the PS4 version of a game is guaranteed to look better than the PS3 version, it is basically the same exact game with very minor texture improvements. The game developers were not too familiar with the next gen console technology before their game was released. However, within three or four years, the titles for the PS4 will look substantially better than the launch titles, so I would skip on buying a PS4 console this year and just get the PS3 version of AC4 Black Flag.

Thanks, I guess I will go for the PS3 version.
---
DragonIsLeonheart: Women who ignored men, deserved to be harassed since they provoked them.