This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EB Games Canada has increased the prices of all their new release games by $5.

#1RedwarzPosted 1/20/2014 7:55:55 PM
Along with Futureshop and Best Buy. Making new games $64.99. Amazon.ca hasn't changed their pricing yet. I just cancelled any pre-orders I had with EB Games and moved them to Amazon.
---
Currently Playing: Ragnarok Odyssey, Time and Eternity, Killer is Dead, Grand Theft Auto Online.
#2jubjub360Posted 1/20/2014 7:57:16 PM
Ok.
---
Remember, an idea can't be bad for an industry unless most companies decide to participate or use an idea that is bad.
#3chaosAD2005Posted 1/20/2014 8:04:48 PM(edited)
Any reason for the price increase or are they just being stupid?

Nevermind they just being dumb.

I found this article on it.

http://n4g.com/news/1440704/eb-games-raises-prices-on-upcoming-ps4-xb1-ps3-titles-to-64-99

All i gotta say is how the hell do they consider ps3 games to be next gen i swear i will go to my nearest EB games and future shop and slap em for being so stupid.
---
klatu verata nik... oh wait what was the rest?
#4Redwarz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2014 8:02:50 PM
I think they are blaming it on the dollar slipping.
---
Currently Playing: Ragnarok Odyssey, Time and Eternity, Killer is Dead, Grand Theft Auto Online.
#5AlltraPosted 1/20/2014 8:11:25 PM(edited)
Doesn't matter to me one bit, they'll be $30 in a month or two, brand new.

They can ask whatever they want to, doesn't mean I have to pay that much. Eventually they'll realize nobody wants to spend that much and lower the prices. At some point developers are going to have to realize they can't afford to make games for umpteen billion dollars, and either find a way to lower dev costs or plateau their spending and get creative like they did in the early days of gaming where they had major limitations to work around.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#6GradieusPosted 1/20/2014 8:07:46 PM
Not unexpected I guess considering we got an 8.5% advantage over the USD.

PSN is still dollar for dollar though, so it's nice having 8.5% advantage there for the time being.
#7chaosAD2005Posted 1/20/2014 8:08:01 PM
Alltra posted...

But it should matter because the ps3 is not next gen and 5 bucks is still 5 bucks.
---
klatu verata nik... oh wait what was the rest?
#8AlltraPosted 1/20/2014 8:15:03 PM
chaosAD2005 posted...
Alltra posted...

But it should matter because the ps3 is not next gen and 5 bucks is still 5 bucks.

It really doesn't matter. Unless they form a monopoly where there's no competition and gamers have no choice but to spend $65, it really has no impact on anyone with a brain that can shop around for better prices. Amazon isn't charging $65, for example, so buy from them.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#9HaloODSTDPosted 1/20/2014 8:18:12 PM
Who the hell pays full price for a game in the first place
---
PSN: Rutgers Student
#10jubjub360Posted 1/20/2014 8:20:34 PM
HaloODSTD posted...
Who the hell pays full price for a game in the first place

I do if it's a game I really want.
---
Remember, an idea can't be bad for an industry unless most companies decide to participate or use an idea that is bad.