This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

75% of my games are digital, how long will Sony support PS3

#1maliceinaholePosted 1/21/2014 9:33:15 AM
I'm curious, Future release ps3 games. Should i go physical? Is it possible to save a copy of a game to an external drive?
---
<3
#2CTUJK95Posted 1/21/2014 9:36:44 AM
maliceinahole posted...
Is it possible to save a copy of a game to an external drive?

Yes
---
GT - ZenTTox
#3AnonUnknownPosted 1/21/2014 9:40:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4melchiahdimPosted 1/21/2014 9:46:13 AM
CTUJK95 posted...
maliceinahole posted...

Yes

But they can be used only by the original console... what if it dies? *poff* game's gone. And it's not worth the try as the backup is for everything. If you make minor changes you'll still have to repeat the process.

As long as the system you are playing on is signed into your account, they should work. Even is Sony stops supporting the ps3, I doubt they would take away the ability to sign in.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#5AnonUnknownPosted 1/21/2014 9:47:18 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6TheAxeMurderer1Posted 1/21/2014 9:48:32 AM
AnonUnknown posted...
CTUJK95 posted...
maliceinahole posted...

Yes

But they can be used only by the original console... what if it dies? *poff* game's gone. And it's not worth the try as the backup is for everything. If you make minor changes you'll still have to repeat the process.

Any game I've downloaded, I can get on any other playstation 3 I buy in the future. You will just lose it on the older console I believe. I can sign in with PS+ on another PS3 and download games onto the system, but then I wouldn't be able to sign into my own afterwards.
#7melchiahdimPosted 1/21/2014 9:53:00 AM
melchiahdim posted...
CTUJK95 posted...
maliceinahole posted...

Yes

As long as the system you are playing on is signed into your account, they should work. Even is Sony stops supporting the ps3, I doubt they would take away the ability to sign in.

*ahem* the backup is good only for the PS3 it came from.

My mistake. I've never backed up any games before. Seemed like a logical solution to me.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#8TomoEK9Posted 1/21/2014 10:21:19 AM
melchiahdim posted...

My mistake. I've never backed up any games before. Seemed like a logical solution to me.

It is, but Sony has made it difficult to move any data around on the PS3.

You can do a back-up and restore, but that is only good for the PS3 it was created on.

Or you can do a data transfer, but that requires both PS3s to work, so if one dies, you can't transfer anything over.