This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever bought a game SOLELY based off the Box Art and loved it?

#1SkiethXInnisPosted 1/22/2014 9:02:09 PM
Meaning you have no idea what the mechanics and story were like...

I bought No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise for $15 buck and enjoyed it quite a lot. Again, I had no idea what kind of game it was till after I beaten it lol.

Now if the sequel would come to PS3 so I can dual-wield beam katanas in that game...
---
PSN ID:soloasherx81
I have a gaming blog now! Come check it out to discuss gaming topics old and new. Come follow me at https://twitter.com/TheSoloasherx81
#2DemonSoulLokiPosted 1/22/2014 9:26:39 PM
Demon's Souls. The artwork on the Deluxe Edition caught my eye and by then, I needed that game. A wise choice in retrospect.
---
Effort gives confident in oneself as Pride does not equal ability. ~DemonSoulLoki
#3cazza_mrPosted 1/22/2014 9:29:30 PM
Phoenix wright trials and tribulations
---
I can kill a topic just by posting in it.
#4SwegMsterRaidenPosted 1/22/2014 9:33:07 PM
Yup. Bought Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition for like $40 and loved it.
#5Dicer7Posted 1/22/2014 9:37:13 PM
Deadly Premonition. All I really knew was that it was a horror game (by the looks of it anyways). Ended up loving it.

I used to do it all the time when I was a kid. Back then if there weren't demos in the game store I had nothing else to go on.
#6arstosPosted 1/22/2014 9:37:21 PM
pretty much every atari/coleco/nes/sms game i ever bought and enjoyed lol. i can't remember the last game i bought without researching, internet makes it so easy
---
PSN:Dragonlibrarian
Steam:Dragonlibrarian7
#7DarkSymbiotePosted 1/22/2014 9:38:45 PM
Many games on PS1 and PS2.
---
R.I.P. Nelson Mandela.
#8darkness1018Posted 1/22/2014 9:40:55 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Many games on PS1 and PS2.

Same...lol. As a kid & teen I would get whatever game I thought looked cool based on the box art. Did that alot with RPGs.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita) 3DS XL FC 0490-6058-6459 NNID: Nightwing2918
Systems I own: PS2, PS3, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, 3DS XL, WiiU
#9PS2GamerPosted 1/22/2014 9:41:04 PM
That's how I bought every game up til the PS2 gen.
---
~ ~ ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way ~ ~ ~
/| ~ Love would have conquered all..... ~ |\
#10merqabahPosted 1/22/2014 9:49:21 PM
i did that a lot when i was younger with ps1 and ps2, i also bought games blindly based on the IP, i actually was the proud owner of a babe the pig game on the GBC, a couple of bad spawn games, the crow game for ps1 along with the men in black one, i also bought a MIB one for the GBC, stupid GB games like a puzzle one with the ghostbusters, etc etc.

Funny i didnt realise some were bad games at the time.
This gen i blindly bought deadly premonition after i saw the tortured face, i tought it could be a fun/bad game, then i saw the squreel that screamed and i laughed and tought, im not going to finish this trash. Behold i finished it and it was one of mu favourite experiences this gen
---
PSA: Their/there/they're are not the same, nor then/than and should of does not exist it's should have