This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever bought a game SOLELY based off the Box Art and loved it?

#41PolishCockatielPosted 1/23/2014 1:06:39 PM
No, I always rented it first or, with the era of the internet, looked up info on it
#42PsychoWolfXPosted 1/23/2014 1:08:11 PM
Almost everything for the NES, Gameboy, SNES, N64,PS1 I got a little more picky about halfway into the PS2's life cycle.

I actually rented most of my games on the earlier systems and then ended up buying the ones I really liked, but rented purely based on box art.
---
3DS FC: 2879-0740-0938 Currently Playing RF4, Tales of the Abyss, Pokemon Y, Animal Crossing NL
#43ReportMeTyreePosted 1/26/2014 4:31:42 PM
as often as I am on the internet it is almost impossible for me to not hear about a game lol. But I guess a game that is closest relating would be Fallout. I rented 3 back when blockbuster was a thing, hated it. Gave it another try and loved it.
---
PSN & XBL: TYruler50. Im backkkkkk! Hermeses!
no more space dockers.
#44Blackvoodoo79Posted 1/26/2014 4:43:59 PM
Yes, the original Final Fantasy. The used game store that I used to frequent used a circular sticker system for pricing their game. Final Fantasy was a green sticker with a gold star, a $30 game. I never wanted a game more, even though I had never heard of it. The melee weapons on the cover just seemed to memorize me. I ended up mowing a few yards that weekend and bought the game on a Saturday evening. I probably ended up playing it until 4-5 Sunday morning. It was my very first RPG type game and quickly became my favorite series at the time.

I even ended up buying a Famicon and a Super Famicon eventually to play the, at the time sequels that were never released in the U.S. Not only did Final Fantasy make me fall in love with the series, it sparked my love for all RPG games, I couldn't get enough. I quickly fell into the computer RPG gamer category, and loved every second of it. I used to ALWAYS buy the new Final Fantasy game the day it was released, until X when the series started to distance itself from me and many other original Final Fantasy gamers.
---
PSN-Diesel_Afflict
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj168/affliction1979/pillowpants.jpg http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj168/affliction1979/killit2.jpg
#45RabillionPosted 1/26/2014 4:44:05 PM
Nope. But I've bought books based on how nice or artistic the cover is.
---
DO NOT LOL AT THE PANDORA DISC! IT IS FORRBIDDEN! But you can lol at Hare. - Azure_Serenade
#46archizzyPosted 1/26/2014 4:48:15 PM
arstos posted...
pretty much every atari/coleco/nes/sms game i ever bought and enjoyed lol. i can't remember the last game i bought without researching, internet makes it so easy

This.

I grew up in an era where box art and the two or three tiny screen caps on the rear of the box was all you had to go off of in most cases.

Now I know exponentially more about a game YEARS before it releases.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#47glory of power metalPosted 1/26/2014 4:55:38 PM
Video game box art as a whole is generally very contrived and cheesy, and I usually find it to be the most unattractive part of the whole package.
---
Now Playing: Saints Row: The Third, Sub-Terrania, Super Stardust HD
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher