This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After exlusively owning a 360 for years, I have converted to PlayStationism and

#11Dark_EpathyPosted 2/1/2014 11:24:57 AM
Unfortunately, doesn't the PS4 require a subscription to access online game components? It's a respite on the PS3, but the future is pretty clear, regardless of which console you choose. : \

I wouldn't mind paying for Xbox Live Gold if I actually used it a lot. But since I don't, it just seems pointless.
---
"We're not too far gone. We can come back." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#12Blackvoodoo79Posted 2/1/2014 11:27:52 AM
Dark_Epathy posted...
Unfortunately, doesn't the PS4 require a subscription to access online game components? It's a respite on the PS3, but the future is pretty clear, regardless of which console you choose. : \

I wouldn't mind paying for Xbox Live Gold if I actually used it a lot. But since I don't, it just seems pointless.

From what I understand, most of the more popular, mainstream games require PS+ for online play on PS4. I think there are a select few games that you can play online without Plus, however I could have heard wrong. Regardless, you really need PS+ for all practice purposes no matter how you look at it.
---
PSN-Diesel_Afflict
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj168/affliction1979/pillowpants.jpg http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj168/affliction1979/killit2.jpg
#13POOKISTANPosted 2/1/2014 11:31:53 AM
Dark_Epathy posted...

^This is why when the PS3's time is up I'm likely gonna' get a game-worthy PC. I'm kind of sick of consoles' self-perpetuating monopolies where they can charge whatever they want in their online shops despite sales of $0.99 for $15 games on Steam. It's a trend we pretty much couldn't have seen coming until the PS3/Xbox 360 era and now that I've seen it I think I'm done. Beyond that, they haven't started a war on used games yet, but who's to say they aren't going to halfway into the new gen after they're happy with the amount of people that're under their boot.

I don't like that when you invest in a console you're investing in that company making the right decisions and not screwing you for money simply because they know you have no other choice but to submit or give up the sizable investment you've already made. There's more freedom from that kinda' s*** on PC so, as much as I like consoles, this's prolly the end of my console carreer...