This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D 2013 was one of the worst years for AAA gaming.

#1Chr0noidPosted 2/1/2014 5:56:15 PM(edited)
2013-The year that will live in infamy? (Remember, in terms of AAA) - Results (103 votes)
Confirm
25.24% (26 votes)
Deny
74.76% (77 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I can only recall two games that were released in 2013 that I bought and enjoyed (and beat). The first was Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. The second was Deadly Premonition Director's Cut. The latter doesn't even count because it was an update of a game released some years before and both don't count because neither of them were AAA I don't think.

Bioshock Infinite - hated it
Tomb Raider (2013) -hated it
The Last of Us - hated it (felt like Uncharted with fungus zombies)

I'm starting to think AAA gaming in general is becoming such a joke. None of the things I value in video game experiences are emphasized in AAA games nowadays. It's all cinematic, style-over- substance, with little to no replay value IMHO.
---
The original ending is like getting shot in the neck. The extended cut is like getting shot in the waist.-fennell92 on Mass Effect 3
#2ReloadedPosted 2/1/2014 5:58:56 PM
Metal Gear Rising
Bioshock Infinite
Tomb Raider
The Last of Us
GTA V
Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

I'd say this was one of the best years for AAA titles, 2012 was the year that sucked (except for indies).
---
"When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."
#3Chr0noid(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 6:01:55 PM(edited)
Reloaded posted...

I'd say this was one of the best years for AAA titles, 2012 was the year that sucked (except for indies).

**** I almost forgot about GTA V. That one was good I'll admit. That had actually had effort put into it.
---
The original ending is like getting shot in the neck. The extended cut is like getting shot in the waist.-fennell92 on Mass Effect 3
#4SpitinsideyouPosted 2/1/2014 6:01:31 PM
Reloaded posted...
Metal Gear Rising
nope
nope
lolno
GTA V

I'd say this was one of the years for AAA titles, 2006 was the year that sucked (including indies).

---
"i beat a guy at blockbuster and i have a twitch account come at me kid"
#5Chr0noid(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 6:02:25 PM
Spitinsideyou posted...
Reloaded posted...
Metal Gear Rising
nope
nope
lolno
GTA V

I'd say this was one of the years for AAA titles, 2006 was the year that sucked (including indies).

Whoa, are you me?
---
#6MalefactionPosted 2/1/2014 6:06:58 PM
My new favorite cool nerd trend on Gamefaqs is to hate on The Last of us.
---
There is no love in your violence.
#7Chr0noid(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 6:08:55 PM
Malefaction posted...
My new favorite cool nerd trend on Gamefaqs is to hate on The Last of us.

Judging by this board the favorite cool nerd trend is to figuratively hump anything that Naughty Dog ****s out. I loved Uncharted 1 and 2 (but not 3). I LOVED Crash Bandicoot. But The Last of Us was just....ugh. Oh well, different strokes, and all that.
---
#8boxingtonPosted 2/1/2014 6:11:05 PM
Reloaded posted...
Metal Gear Rising
Bioshock Infinite
Tomb Raider
The Last of Us
GTA V

I agree with this, but I also enjoyed some of the AAA titles to come out in '12, too (Max Payne 3, XCOM, Dishonored, Farcry 3, etc.).
---
http://i.imgur.com/E30Jxuq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7Ph99Sq.jpg
#9lild1425Posted 2/1/2014 6:11:20 PM
I don't know why so many people hate Tomb Raider. It was my game of the year.
#10Galeforce99Posted 2/1/2014 6:14:57 PM
Any year that would get The Last of Us would have to be one of the worse.
---
Opinion=Fact