This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What re-envisioned game is your favorite, but NOT a reboot.

#1Justice98405Posted 2/7/2014 10:30:19 PM
I'll give you mine, or at least one that very easily came to mind today.

On a whim, I put in my Metroid Prime Trilogy and really started in on Prime again (I played it back on the GC days and loved it, but never got to play Echoes, so that's why I'm glad to have this version), and it reminded me of the strong reactions the game got when it was first announced.

Metroid, in the first-person view?!?!? What?!??? Some people were livid. I was cautiously worried and hopeful that it would be good, and Retro delivered in a BIG, MASSIVE way. They took the game from side-scrolling to first-person view, and it's still the SAME Metroid game. It's still about exploration and discovery, the weapons and power ups and awesome levels and level design are all there. They just did a fantastic job.

So not a remake or reboot, what game was one of the better/best times a game was re-vamped, maybe with a new viewpoint, such as Metroid to the Prime series, for example?
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#2servb0tsPosted 2/7/2014 10:34:45 PM(edited)
Mega-man Legends series, People hated it for being in 3D and RPG elements, but It became my favorite Mega-man series.

Also like Wii Castlevania Judgment, it was a fun Fighting game,
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems.
A Strong Fighter is not One who Wins the Fight, But One who can Stands after Defeat.
#3rswsc0407Posted 2/7/2014 10:39:15 PM(edited)
^Me too, it's been so long since they came out that I can't remember if I played 2 or not, lol. I beat the hell out of 1 though, and I remember playing Tron Bonne, but I can't remember if I owned it or if I just rented it, I know that I only played a little bit of it.

I wonder how much they would be on Amazon?

I also have Command Mission which I've yet to really put any time into yet, I think I played like an hour or two of it. I picked it up in perfect condition and complete for 15-20 bucks, same thing with Kingdom Heats and Final Fantasy X.

Then I found out like a week at most later that they were coming out with the PS3 versions....I was not happy.
---
Red Sox World Series Champions 2004 & 2007= My ID. PSN ID- rswsc0407
#4nonexistingheroPosted 2/8/2014 2:20:04 AM
I'd have to say Metroid Prime as well. Also Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64, if those count.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#5MikeDanger1Posted 2/8/2014 2:22:15 AM
I alsonvote for Metroid Prime, that series is just classic all around.
#6Enix BelmontPosted 2/8/2014 2:27:36 AM
Gotta love Mega Man X, really. And Battlenetwork. Zero might be my favorite overall. All those are their own vision of megaman that ran alongside others.

Resident Evil 4 was a masterpiece and I still love RE5 to death. This is preferable to the old series for me, but I see why oldschool fans hate them.

I love the lack of seriousness and sense of humor Metal Gear Rising has about itself, too. And love the new gameplay as much as Solid.
---
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.
#7DarkSymbiotePosted 2/8/2014 2:28:40 AM
I suppose Resident Evil 4. Not that I prefer it to the classics.
---
R.I.P. Nelson Mandela. | My XCOM: Enemy Within Review:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/X360/728010-xcom-enemy-within/reviews/review-156657
#8ViciousXl2Posted 2/8/2014 2:44:00 AM
Hmmm
Fallout 3 I suppose
Still love the isometric Fallouts though
---
Two-Fisted Monkey Style Attack!!!
#9LightbornePosted 2/8/2014 2:54:04 AM
When I learned about diablo 3s lack of skill trees and automatic leveling I was really concerned. But after playing the game you get so much more customization without having to make multiples of the same class. Do I miss the deeper rpg elements? Yes I do but this is also a good design choice for multiplayer and I actually agree with stripped rpg elements for once.
---
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MfZmR2w_uf0. Teleportation girl has been caught on video several times in china, videos have been proven real.
#10creativerealmsPosted 2/8/2014 5:51:19 AM
Castlevainia symphony of the night.
---
"Everything sucks until proven other wise" The sad mindset of today. Me I still believe in being hopeful.