This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you improve jrpgs to appeal to wrpg fans?

#391Blackvoodoo79Posted 2/13/2014 11:01:17 AM
As long as the characters remain cartoonish and cutesy, JRPGs will probably never appeal to me again. I liked it when I was a teenager and up until my lower to mid 20's, but I just don't appreciate them anymore. That's not to say that they're bad, I have simply outgrown that particular art style.
---
PSN-Diesel_Afflict
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj168/affliction1979/pillowpants.jpg http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj168/affliction1979/killit2.jpg
#392AnonUnknownPosted 2/13/2014 11:07:55 AM
EVILBRENDA posted...
lild1425 posted...
AnonUnknown posted...

Alltra is right, it's just a subtle, unpunishable way to say "mentally challenged". Hopefully, thisranks is the only person to use it as ot today. Pitiful.

If you read his posts, they are literally the most nonsensical, egotistical, and pretentious posts I've ever seen on Gamefaqs.

I have to disagree. Not trying to be funny either. Him and one other i always look for when new RPGs come out.

I seriously hope you're talking about Alltra.
#393EVILBRENDAPosted 2/13/2014 1:40:47 PM
lild1425 posted...
EVILBRENDA posted...
lild1425 posted...
AnonUnknown posted...

Alltra is right, it's just a subtle, unpunishable way to say "mentally challenged". Hopefully, thisranks is the only person to use it as ot today. Pitiful.

If you read his posts, they are literally the most nonsensical, egotistical, and pretentious posts I've ever seen on Gamefaqs.

I have to disagree. Not trying to be funny either. Him and one other i always look for when new RPGs come out.

To clarify, we're talking about thisranks, not Alltra.

Whoops got lost in quotes.
---
PSN: cavesitter/Live: cavesitter
Battlelog Info is cavesitter1 Don't ask.
#394AnonUnknownPosted 2/13/2014 1:44:40 PM
EVILBRENDA posted...
lild1425 posted...
EVILBRENDA posted...
lild1425 posted...
AnonUnknown posted...

To clarify, we're talking about thisranks, not Alltra.

Whoops got lost in quotes.

Fair enough...
#395Juicyboix12Posted 2/15/2014 4:15:15 AM
Yea I suppose it's best to leave it alone. They both got their pros and cons, and both suit different tastes. Variety is great.
#396ArsenicSteelPosted 2/15/2014 6:30:28 AM
theshoveller posted...

Are you from America? Like, do you currently live in this country to see this stuff? Or are you from another country and just speculating about a lot of it because you just happen to know everything that goes on in every part of that country?

I am an American living in America. Plus there are different levels to it. I am not talking about being extreme but rather a widespread subtle issue.

I have a hard time seeing someone from another country tell someone from that country what their country is like internally. I don't tell people from the UK that they're snobbish and boring because "You just are - it's a fact," or that people from Russia are poverty level "because that's how they are," or anything. I have no idea what their country is like, internally.

General observations about culture, economy, government, and history are all fair game for comments like the ones you mentioned above as long as there's some truth to it. Although I would not personally say a person is any such thing unless I know them but factual speculations can be made about any country even internal issues.

And, if you are from America, then how do you know what other countries think about it? I could say I'm from South Korea and love the US, or that I'm from Greece and absolutely abhor the UK. Unless you know someone's telling the truth - and people online rarely do, I've noticed - they don't tend to be an accurate datasource. I could punch anything into Google and the results wouldn't exactly be accurate on opinions of a particular thing - especially involving race, nationality, or creed, which tends to be a typical "hot button topic" for a ton of people who feel they fall into a "bad stereotype" of that race, nationality, or creed. Not every Christian tells people they're going to burn in Hell; not every white guy had a slave-owning ancestor; not every Canadian loves beer and hockey.

This is not about the concept of "every". People fail mentally when they jump onto extremes like that.

A history book, current media, contact with people from other nations, and/or just visiting any given country can be would be enough to form some ideas about what makes that country and people different from your country/people. Notice, I am not judging. Observations can fall into three categories positive, negative, and neutral. I believe you problem comes from my observations being negative. If I had went on about positive things then you'd be more receptive.

Short version - either you live here and don't know about our global opinion, or I know more about the country you live in because "I don't live in it but Google says something so it must be true." The only exception would be if you were in some field that involved a lot of international travel, and I don't see a journalist or a corporate liaison spending his idle time on a gaming message board (though stranger things have happened.)

I don't know when it happens but most people will form opinions about various countries in the worlds, informed or misinformed. It will happen because that's how we work. We make preferences, opinions, biases. and a myriad of other thoughts from every bit of information we gleam from our daily lives. If you want to argue if my observations are right, fine. However, you will need a doctorate if you want to argue against human nature.
---
A heretic among heretics.
#397GREEN00Posted 2/15/2014 6:45:29 AM
You_Need_A_Life posted...
I wouldn't. They should be different - every game shouldn't appeal to everyone, and that kind of mindset is the reason games are so dumbed down nowadays.

---
My collection, http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/GREEN00/games/owned?platform=0