This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CASTLEVANIA-LORDS 2 will be the most bloody dark-fantasy-game of next 3 years!!

#21shawnmckPosted 2/12/2014 10:54:27 AM
wheepitup posted...
It's everything, except a real Castlevania game. Enjoy your God of Vania casuals.

^ By that same logic...RE4 isn't a "real" RE game.
Fallout 3 isn't a "real" Fallout game.
Tomb Raider reboot isn't a "real" TR game.
And, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night wouldn't be a "real" Castlevania game either.
and I could go on & on.

Besides, even god of war is a clone of other games, such as Castlevania IV (it used the swinging chain), and Devil May Cry, among others.

BTW
You are acting like a childish brat having a tantrum.
#22You_Need_A_LifePosted 2/12/2014 10:54:30 AM
AlwaysRunning posted...
I'm not interested in dark and bloody games one bit. They're what is ruining the games industry.

...really? Shallow games, poor business practices regarding DLC & microtransactions, shoddy quality, changing established formulas to cater to the casual mass-market, and so forth be damned; dark & bloody games are the bane of it all? Kay.
#23You_Need_A_LifePosted 2/12/2014 10:55:42 AM
shawnmck posted...

I take it this is your first encounter with him?
#24DevilTears604Posted 2/12/2014 11:16:09 AM
somasworld posted...
gameinformer only hates the new awesome los series cause they want a 2 D new symphony of the night....thats why they gave 6....

but look at this gameplayvideo....it is awesome bloody-gore great fantasy game and deserves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tf44Ox-ROY

10 / 10
______
______

Yes, clearly they hate the new series, given how much they've talked about how much they like LOS1.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#25AlwaysRunningPosted 2/12/2014 11:20:39 AM
You_Need_A_Life posted...
AlwaysRunning posted...
I'm not interested in dark and bloody games one bit. They're what is ruining the games industry.

...really? Shallow games, poor business practices regarding DLC & microtransactions, shoddy quality, changing established formulas to cater to the casual mass-market, and so forth be damned; dark & bloody games are the bane of it all? Kay.

That's right. All the rest makes no difference, if you don't want to buy the game in the first place. The constant M-rated, dark, bloody, guts, gore, sex, and swearing path that the majority of big titles today have taken is utterly tiresome and unappealing.
#26You_Need_A_LifePosted 2/12/2014 12:41:50 PM
I'd rate aesthetics lower than core game design and mechanics when it comes to how I'd rank it, but to each his own, I guess.
#27DarknessXSeekerPosted 2/12/2014 12:46:02 PM
I was a big fan of Lords of Shadow and I enjoyed Mirror of Fate. But neither of those can compare to how hyped I am for Lords of Shadow 2.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#28Mindwipe77Posted 2/12/2014 1:06:26 PM
ill wait for a price drop on LOS 2, not a day 1, seems kinda generic
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#29wheepitupPosted 2/12/2014 1:31:31 PM
shawnmck posted...
wheepitup posted...
It's everything, except a real Castlevania game. Enjoy your God of Vania casuals.

^ By that same logic...RE4 isn't a "real" RE game.
Fallout 3 isn't a "real" Fallout game.
Tomb Raider reboot isn't a "real" TR game.
And, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night wouldn't be a "real" Castlevania game either.
and I could go on & on.

Besides, even god of war is a clone of other games, such as Castlevania IV (it used the swinging chain), and Devil May Cry, among others.

BTW

There's acceptable changes, then there's going too far with the changes.

RE4 had acceptable changes
SotN had acceptable changes (Though Super CV4 will always be my fav)
Tomb Raider just took the refinements that Uncharted made to the formula and reapplied the Tomb Raider feel

Fallout 3 I agree with, Fallout 2 was so much better. Although New Vegas made steps in the right direction.

Lords of Shadow doesn't feel like CV at all though.
---
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter | TwitchTV - http://www.twitch.tv/hauntedkrist | Origin of my username - http://youtu.be/ORKJHSPEk04?t=1m10s
#30DotsAndLinesPosted 2/12/2014 1:46:03 PM
Yawn. Wake me up when they make a real Castlevania game.
---
WARNING: This post may contain OPINIONS. Opinions that may differ from yours. Do not read if you are unable to handle it with maturity.