This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The House of The Dead Overkill Extended Cut is only $5 on psn

#1ZatchBellPosted 2/15/2014 1:58:29 PM
Its worth the money i played it back on the wii and thought it was a fun on rails game
---
Sega Fan for Life
#2AnonUnknownPosted 2/15/2014 2:04:00 PM
It's a steal for that price.
#3fastfoodkillsPosted 2/15/2014 2:14:20 PM
but you need move to enjoy it no?

how long is it? the original games were like 1-2 hours if i remember? this is several of them?

no custom soundtrack function i suppose?
---
Fast Food Kills More People than Smoking and Alcohol
#4ShuraYukihimePosted 2/15/2014 2:17:38 PM
fastfoodkills posted...
but you need move to enjoy it no?

how long is it? the original games were like 1-2 hours if i remember? this is several of them?

no custom soundtrack function i suppose?

You don't need move. I had great fun with House of the Dead II on Dreamcast using a controller. It is a "short" game. But if you are only playing through it once you are doing it wrong and it's obviously not the type of game for you.

I have no idea about custom sound tracks in this particular game.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
#5shawnmckPosted 2/15/2014 3:44:12 PM(edited)
Its a lot more fun if you have a light-gun peripheral.
However, to take advantage of the light-gun you will need a move controller (the one with the ball on the end) as well as the move camera.
But its better played in that fashion, imho.

It is totally playable with a normal dual-shock 3 controller, but I personally think its better with a light-gun peripheral.
And when played in 3D (if you have a compatible 3D tv), then it is even better. The characters & zombies really come to life and pop out of the screen.

Although a warning is in order...the game is ripe with sexual connotations as well as stereo-types and belittling women. But it is all done in good-humor...but some may find it insulting to women.
It's humor is very trashy, but is so overdone that is comes off as ridiculous. At least to me it does.
But again, its portrayal of women is fairly obnoxious.
Just wanted to warn you.
#6DarthNAS4Posted 2/15/2014 3:51:12 PM
shawnmck posted...
However, to take advantage of the light-gun you will need a move controller (the one with the ball on the end) as well as the move camera.

It is totally playable with a normal dual-shock 3 controller, but I personally think its better with a light-gun peripheral.
And when played in 3D (if you have a compatible 3D tv), then it is even better. The characters & zombies really come to life and pop out of the screen.

Although a warning is in order...the game is ripe with sexual connotations as well as stereo-types and belittling women. But it is all done in good-humor...but some may find it insulting to women.
It's humor is very trashy, but is so overdone that is comes off as ridiculous. At least to me it does.
Just wanted to warn you.

It's called "Satire". Jus sayin.
---
"The most excellent struggle is that for the conquest of self."
~Prophet Muhammad
#7shawnmckPosted 2/15/2014 3:56:15 PM
DarthNAS4 posted...

It's called "Satire". Jus sayin.

^ Yeah I know, and I easily see this...but some people don't see it that way.
There was one Review that came out when the game was released ripping the game for hating on women. I'm NOT saying this, others are, and some people are overly sensitive to this type of material.
I'm not saying I agree with it (cause I don't), but I still wanted to warn people that it is there...as opposed to them maybe buying the game and then finding out later and possibly regretting their decision.
I am just warning people that way there is no excuse.

But I am full aware that it is satire, and find much of it to be quite funny. But not everyone will feel the exact same way.
Some people are just overly sensitive, and we need to be responsible and warn them of what they are getting.
It wasn't an attack on the game at all.
#8MaplesGrandGMPosted 2/15/2014 3:59:56 PM
shawnmck posted...

Just wanted to warn you.

No one really cares if it's insulting to women. Women are fairly obnoxious, so it's fair for their portrayal to be such as well.

Ha, j/k?
---
3DS FC: 2852-8061-6986
Currently Playing: Pokemon X/Y - Let me know if you add me, so I can add you!
#9ElDudorinoPosted 2/15/2014 4:31:22 PM
I found the game much more enjoyable when skipping the cutscenes, because they were pure garbage. House of the Dead 2 managed to be far more enjoyable by trying to be serious and failing than Overkill managed to be by trying to be a joke and failing. I mean, a failed attempt at drama can still be funny, but a terrible joke is just a terrible joke. There's nowhere to go from there.

Also, the Move controls never seemed to work right in this game. I had to re-calibrate every 60 seconds or so by aiming back to the middle of the screen and hitting Select or whatever the "calibrate on-the-fly" button was. Waste of $5 getting the gun attachment for that Move controller!

The bosses weren't very fun, either, and were kind of tedious. And you don't get to find rad secret unlockables like in HotD2. Just stupid records or something for more bad music. All-in-all, I give the game an F. Minus.
#10ZatchBell(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2014 8:41:18 PM
Seriously more people should look into this game I wish the light gun genre would make a comeback but it seems that it is very much dead. Terminator salvation had a cool light gun game but it was arcade only sadly.... The time crisis series is dead and ruined and the house of the dead 4 seems like it may have been the last one for sega.
---
Sega Fan for Life