This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is Ellie in the Last of Us gay?

#1MyWifeBeatsMePosted 2/19/2014 12:06:39 PM
I haven't played Left Behind, but if it's about her coming out of the closet just like Ellen Page coming out and showing the world her lesbian love, then WTF Naughty Dog? Why tarnish such a masterpiece to appeal to SJW? I liked how The Last of Us had no LGBTiness unlike Mass Effect 3 which was a huge disappointment.
#2CorathTheHungPosted 2/19/2014 12:14:52 PM
Do not feed.
-Thanks
---
Mods cannot hold me
Terms of Use cannot control me
#3AnonUnknownPosted 2/19/2014 12:21:35 PM
Make believe, you're a hero! Make rainbows out of rain!
#4docman864Posted 2/19/2014 12:24:53 PM
what is love?
---
"Interactive movie = Video game" --- TheNewWave
Beyond: Two Souls is GOTY of 2013
#5DevilTears604Posted 2/19/2014 12:25:37 PM
It's left ambiguous. It's one kiss in the middle of some pretty intense stuff. It's kind of like how Last of Us proper ended. Some of it is just left up to the player to decide.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#6shawnmckPosted 2/19/2014 12:28:26 PM
The scene doesn't prove Ellie is gay. It was a quick peck on the mouth, because Ellie is afraid of losing her best friend. In the same episode (DLC) Ellie comments on how cute a certain boy was.
It DOESN'T mean she is gay.
It is just speculation by ignorant trolls who don't know wtf they are talking about.
Talk to any sex therapist, and they will tell you that such behavior is normal for teens of that age because they are becoming of age and are simply experimenting with their sexuality.

But who knows...maybe Ellen Paige offered to drop her lawsuit if Naughty Dog put that scene in there..?
This whole debacle reeks of political correctness.
#7docman864Posted 2/19/2014 12:32:03 PM(edited)
this Valentine's thing drives me nuts sometimes. It used to be more fun back in the days when we were kids. Collecting cards was just fun as hell.
---
"Interactive movie = Video game" --- TheNewWave
Beyond: Two Souls is GOTY of 2013
#8DevilTears604Posted 2/19/2014 12:32:07 PM
shawnmck posted...
The scene doesn't prove Ellie is gay. It was a quick peck on the mouth, because Ellie is afraid of losing her best friend. In the same episode (DLC) Ellie comments on how cute a certain boy was.
It is just speculation by ignorant trolls who don't know wtf they are talking about.
Talk to any sex therapist, and they will tell you that such behavior is normal for teens of that age because they are becoming of age and are simply experimenting with their sexuality.

But who knows...maybe Ellen Paige offered to drop her lawsuit if Naughty Dog put that scene in there..?

Does that make sense, though? ND didn't make this entire DLC last week. It had to have been in production for quite a while...way before she came out, right?
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#9fortyminerninerPosted 2/19/2014 12:42:23 PM
docman864 posted...
what is love?

one hell of a good song
#10shawnmckPosted 2/19/2014 12:48:47 PM(edited)
DevilTears604 posted...
shawnmck posted...

Does that make sense, though? ND didn't make this entire DLC last week. It had to have been in production for quite a while...way before she came out, right?

^ Yes, the game was in production long time before Ellen Paige's announcement...but the announcement and the DLC release was suspiciously at the same time.

I'm not saying I believe the suspicions, but they can't be dismissed either.
It's possible that it was just a coincidence...but you have to consider the fact that Ellen Paige tried to sue Naughty Dog over her likeness, and at the same time the DLC releases, she comes out public about her sexuality, and the DLC suspiciously has Ellie kiss another girl (which was totally out of the blue and feels forced)....and then wonder over the possibility that it was pre-planned to coincide.

Again, I'm not saying its what happened, or that I believe it, just that it is one possible conspiracy theory, that can't be proven or disproven.
Believe what you will.