This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As much as I loved this generation, I regret spending all this money this gen

#11NaturalCalamityPosted 2/20/2014 12:27:48 PM
PrettyBoyMarth posted...
If you enjoyed playing those games then it wasnt a waste of money/time.

Like buying anything else you just need to be smart with your money. Buying 1 or 2 60 dollar games a week is not being smart.

You can enjoy the things you buy, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a waste of money. Hobbies are easy to justified because we like to spend money on things we like do. But like you said, you also have to be smart about your money and KNOW when to make those purchases.
---
Sophisticated Ignorance, Write my Curses in Cursive.
#12TerotrousPosted 2/20/2014 12:55:10 PM(edited)
fastfoodkills posted...
Most things we do in life are basically wasting time, like people working until they are 60 or 65? Some boring job they hate? Its a wasted life, but most people dont go after their dreams

So maudlin. Reminds me of a similar exchange in my novel:

"You shouldn't dismiss hope. Sometimes hope is all we have. And if we give up on our desire for things to get better, then what are we?"
"We're a couple of schmucks working in a factory, and that's all we're ever going to be. If we ever had a chance for something more, it's long since gone away."

(he's wrong kids!)

Seriously though, no one should feel bad about having enjoyment in their life. Life is long. There's plenty of time for the meaningful stuff as well.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
#13AlltraPosted 2/21/2014 4:39:09 AM
Personally, I think the real reason you feel regret is that you wasted that 15,000 dollars by not spending it prudently. Had you done so, you'd probably have spent 1/8 of that, gotten the same amount of enjoyment, AND had money left over for that car or a trip abroad.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.