This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you currently boycotting a game developer/publisher?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Are you currently boycotting a game developer/publisher?
2 years ago#1
I am. I refuse to buy any product with the Bioware logo on it. I have to admit though, I am not looking forward to the 3rd quarter of this fiscal year. Dragon Age Inquisition may end up really testing my resolve. I have a soft spot for RPGs like that. If you were given an option to get a really good game but it was made by a truly evil developer, would you still buy it? Even though you knew the company was downright despicable and was greedy as ****?

Decisions, decisions...
Every dream inside my soul. When you kiss me on that midnight street, sweep me off my feet, singing "ain't this life so sweet?"
2 years ago#2
If reasons like "they don't make games I enjoy" don't count, then no
bettr than u deal w/ it
Tune of the week: Burn the Fleet- Thrice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZemZP2_QBpk
2 years ago#3
No, it would be sill of me to boycott a contributor to the industry I love
"Didn't open the box." And what was it last time, "Didn't know what the box was?" And yet, we do keep finding each other, don't we?"
2 years ago#4
Nope, I don't really care about the publisher or dev if the game is good.
2 years ago#5
raige posted...
Nope, I don't really care about the publisher or dev if the game is good.

Too much....apathy....can't...contain...RAGE

HULK SMASH
Every dream inside my soul. When you kiss me on that midnight street, sweep me off my feet, singing "ain't this life so sweet?"
2 years ago#6
Nope
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else
2 years ago#7
Activision. Been boycotting them ever since they killed the Guitar Hero franchise. Oh don't get me wrong, I'm a Rock Band guy all the way, but seeing the way Activision purposefully sends a franchise straight into the ground by actually truly over-saturating the market for their games and wanting to do it to EVERY franchise they own just made me have enough. It's really hard when I see a game I like with "Activision" on the cover, like many a Spiderman game, because even if I know I'll like the game, I'll still refuse to buy it because of Activision. So yes, that means I've boycotted Call of Duty for quite some time.
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP- PWAA:DD, Bioshock Infinite
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
(message deleted)
2 years ago#9
Jammies: They see me trollin, they laughing!
2 years ago#10
I boycott.

Capcom and EA mostly, but it's case by case.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Are you currently boycotting a game developer/publisher?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived