This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you currently boycotting a game developer/publisher?

#1Chr0noidPosted 2/20/2014 6:41:33 PM
I am. I refuse to buy any product with the Bioware logo on it. I have to admit though, I am not looking forward to the 3rd quarter of this fiscal year. Dragon Age Inquisition may end up really testing my resolve. I have a soft spot for RPGs like that. If you were given an option to get a really good game but it was made by a truly evil developer, would you still buy it? Even though you knew the company was downright despicable and was greedy as ****?

Decisions, decisions...
---
Every dream inside my soul. When you kiss me on that midnight street, sweep me off my feet, singing "ain't this life so sweet?"
#2Deja-EntenduPosted 2/20/2014 6:43:00 PM
If reasons like "they don't make games I enjoy" don't count, then no
---
bettr than u deal w/ it
Tune of the week: Burn the Fleet- Thrice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZemZP2_QBpk
#3Mad_CauliflowerPosted 2/20/2014 6:43:53 PM
No, it would be sill of me to boycott a contributor to the industry I love
---
"Didn't open the box." And what was it last time, "Didn't know what the box was?" And yet, we do keep finding each other, don't we?"
#4raigePosted 2/20/2014 6:48:55 PM
Nope, I don't really care about the publisher or dev if the game is good.
#5Chr0noid(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 6:49:53 PM
raige posted...
Nope, I don't really care about the publisher or dev if the game is good.

Too much....apathy....can't...contain...RAGE

HULK SMASH
---
Every dream inside my soul. When you kiss me on that midnight street, sweep me off my feet, singing "ain't this life so sweet?"
#6echa_OnePosted 2/20/2014 6:50:15 PM
Nope
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else
#7RyuVegasPosted 2/20/2014 6:52:29 PM
Activision. Been boycotting them ever since they killed the Guitar Hero franchise. Oh don't get me wrong, I'm a Rock Band guy all the way, but seeing the way Activision purposefully sends a franchise straight into the ground by actually truly over-saturating the market for their games and wanting to do it to EVERY franchise they own just made me have enough. It's really hard when I see a game I like with "Activision" on the cover, like many a Spiderman game, because even if I know I'll like the game, I'll still refuse to buy it because of Activision. So yes, that means I've boycotted Call of Duty for quite some time.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP- PWAA:DD, Bioshock Infinite
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#8jammiesPosted 2/20/2014 6:52:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9Chr0noid(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 6:56:24 PM(edited)
Jammies: They see me trollin, they laughing!
---
#10TriangleHardPosted 2/20/2014 6:55:09 PM
I boycott.

Capcom and EA mostly, but it's case by case.