This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you currently boycotting a game developer/publisher?

#221Mad_CauliflowerPosted 2/22/2014 2:25:35 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
Mad_Cauliflower posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
Does it still count if I only boycott new copies? I'll still buy used ones since the company doesn't get a sale out of me...

I won't give my business to Capcom until they stop f***ing all their good franchises. And even then they're still greedy douches, so I might still just buy only used.

Also I know how EA is probably the only game company that's worse than Capcom, so them too. The only difference is that for some odd reason I have the tiniest, most minuscule spark of hope that Capcom cuts the s***. EA is beyond anything to me.

that isn't close to a boybott.

So no it doesn't count, since that it is a textbook Butthurt.

Ah, good to see you're still well and trolling other boards

trolling other boards? I post here, on this site.
---
"Didn't open the box." And what was it last time, "Didn't know what the box was?" And yet, we do keep finding each other, don't we?"
#222Mad_CauliflowerPosted 2/22/2014 2:27:18 AM
Yelnam-26 posted...
I wonder how many of these boycotts, are actually in effect.

I mean, if I were to actually boycott Capcom, i'd be tossing out Steel Batallion and the controller

I'd say most of these boycotts, are actually "butt hurts", and only in effect as of a certain date and or product line, as opposed to a full boycott of the dev or publisher

they might buy those certain games used.

That's supporting the used game markets, and the userbase numbers, for the game.

When you boycott a company, you don't buy their products, period.
---
"Didn't open the box." And what was it last time, "Didn't know what the box was?" And yet, we do keep finding each other, don't we?"
#223Yelnam-26Posted 2/22/2014 9:29:12 AM
Yelnam-26 posted...

I mean, if I were to actually boycott Capcom, i'd be tossing out Steel Batallion and the controller

I'd say most of these boycotts, are actually "butt hurts", and only in effect as of a certain date and or product line, as opposed to a full boycott of the dev or publisher

That's supporting the used game markets, and the userbase numbers, for the game.

Id imagine userbase numbers mean nothing to a company if they aren't making anything from it. Unless of course there not aiming to make anything from it.

Although I agree when people say there boycotting something you would expect them to follow through.
It would be best if people instead of boycotting just bought used instead, chances are they still actually like the game series made by the dev/pubs that they intend to boycott.
---
Smoke me a kipper, Ill be back for breakfast.
3DS XL FC: 1005 - 8990 - 2929 Name: Yelnam
#224PraetorXynPosted 2/22/2014 10:01:48 AM
Yelnam-26 posted...
Yelnam-26 posted...

Id imagine userbase numbers mean nothing to a company if they aren't making anything from it. Unless of course there not aiming to make anything from it.

Although I agree when people say there boycotting something you would expect them to follow through.
It would be best if people instead of boycotting just bought used instead, chances are they still actually like the game series made by the dev/pubs that they intend to boycott.

This makes no sense.

If I'm going to boycott EA (I'm not saying I am, I've just refused to use Origin which is pretty much the same thing now) I wouldn't go pirate the game just so I can play it without them getting money.

If I obtain that game in any way it makes me a complete hypocrite.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#225Yelnam-26Posted 2/23/2014 7:28:49 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
Yelnam-26 posted...
Yelnam-26 posted...

This makes no sense.

If I'm going to boycott EA (I'm not saying I am, I've just refused to use Origin which is pretty much the same thing now) I wouldn't go pirate the game just so I can play it without them getting money.

If I obtain that game in any way it makes me a complete hypocrite.

that's why I said "It would be best if people instead of boycotting just bought used instead" therefore not actually boycotting.

it would be better then saying "I am boycotting EA for messing up Mass effect 3" but then still buying battlefield. Which is what a lot/or some opeople do when they claim they are boycotting something.
---
Smoke me a kipper, Ill be back for breakfast.
3DS XL FC: 1005 - 8990 - 2929 Name: Yelnam