This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

holy crap, bruteforce died a month ago...

#1AffluenzaOutbrkPosted 2/22/2014 9:03:37 PM
at 1st I thought sony shut them all down for good, but then after I checked the their main hangout place for a bit and , it turned out it was some douche that pissed off the site owner and then the guy just ran tantrum and screwed the rest of the user base.

no more save editing for ps3 gamers, oh well good games, too bad the dream ended from the argument of 2 people.
---
http://youtu.be/SXqpl3gYgyY
#2UltimatesTruthPosted 2/26/2014 6:00:35 AM
Meh.
Don't care.
I've got Save Resigner.
#3Impaired MedicPosted 2/26/2014 7:10:52 AM
You could just learn how to use a hex editor, it's not difficult.
---
". . ." ~That guy from GTA3
#4SoulRegaliaPosted 2/26/2014 8:11:48 AM
You mean you can't do it even if you already downloaded it? Sorry I'm new to it, haven't done it on ps3 yet.
---
Muhahahahahaha! Have you forgotten!? I am a demon! Your common sense doesn't work on me! To my lab!-Mao
#5ItalianIdiotPosted 2/26/2014 8:37:49 AM
There is a forum that is picking it up, you have to register to it though.
#6ace_spades111Posted 2/26/2014 8:46:00 AM
I've heard of it but never tried it myself. The idea of editing saves intrigues me. Like is there any language I need to know or is it all straight forward... like say I want to change how much money I have in a game...

would it be like to go from $10 to $15987

gold = 000A edit that to gold = 3E73?

in any case google would probably find me an explanation.

Also nice to see that there aren't any people crying stuff like "You cheaters are all losers"
#7UltimatesTruthPosted 2/26/2014 8:50:46 AM
ace_spades111 posted...
I've heard of it but never tried it myself. The idea of editing saves intrigues me. Like is there any language I need to know or is it all straight forward... like say I want to change how much money I have in a game...

would it be like to go from $10 to $15987

gold = 000A edit that to gold = 3E73?

in any case google would probably find me an explanation.

Also nice to see that there aren't any people crying stuff like "You cheaters are all losers"

No it's not like that.
it's like.
The amount of money you have: $10
Change 0 to 15987.
The amount of money you have: $15987

Simple as that, the majority of the save editor programs are made for noobs who don't understand the PC "language".
#8ace_spades111Posted 2/26/2014 8:54:37 AM
^ ah its because someone said you need hex editor so I assumed that all information would be stored as a hexadecimal value... that means save editing requires very little effort since someone else has already gone through the trouble of making a program that opens the save and lets you edit

unless they could be edited with notepad then you really would need no one
#9XxDilaudidxXPosted 2/26/2014 9:23:15 AM
SoulRegalia posted...
You mean you can't do it even if you already downloaded it? Sorry I'm new to it, haven't done it on ps3 yet.

It just won't be updated anymore for newer games. But honestly, it'll still get the job done with decrypting game saves, which someone out there will find a way to edit or even create a save editing program for it. You should see the crap you can do with modding saves on a 360, it's so much easier than PS3 saves.
---
PSN & Xbox 360 - Dilaudid281
#10ace_spades111Posted 2/26/2014 9:27:06 AM
^ yo the stuff people can do with 360s are messed up. It's a stupid pervey example, but its the most recent one that comes to mind. Some guy went ahead and made nude costumes for Dead or Alive 5 on the 360. I thought costume mods were only possible on PC