This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which do you find worse: Too much change or too little?

#1lnoscopedJFKPosted 2/23/2014 1:07:27 AM
Which do you hate more? - Results (67 votes)
Too much change
65.67% (44 votes)
Too little change
22.39% (15 votes)
Other
11.94% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Of course in this case too little would be like CoD and too much would be RE6 or DmC
#2UhMericanPosted 2/23/2014 1:11:54 AM
Too much. I hate when they throw the entire game away and do something different for the sequel.

With little change you at least get something close to what you were expecting.
#3servb0tsPosted 2/23/2014 1:31:53 AM(edited)
I know it goes Case by Case but I voted.

Too Much:
example Metal Gear Solid 2 Raiden or Final Fantasy XIII with its Rules and Restrictions.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems.
A Strong Fighter is not One who Wins the Fight, But One who can Stands after Defeat.
#4Raven_CyarmPosted 2/23/2014 1:18:11 AM
UhMerican posted...
With little change you at least get something close to what you were expecting.

This. At least with little changes, if they don't work, you might be able to ignore them and hope for a change back or improvement in the sequel. If it's a drastic change, expect to never see the previous format again.
---
Daniel B-R-Y-A-N. There's NO T.
He's not related to Kobe.
#5DefYouthPosted 2/23/2014 1:32:12 AM
Whoever implemented the changes between Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is still on my **** list.
---
"I never said I was deep but I am profoundly shallow."
#6phoenix_alphaPosted 2/23/2014 1:41:43 AM
Other. Depends on every case. Sometimes change is good, like when the old formula is getting stale (for example, RE 4). Sometimes change is bad, like when a game series loses its identity.
#7dillpickle69Posted 2/23/2014 3:14:54 AM
It depends, but mostly I much prefer too little change.

Sometimes too much change isn't bad, like with Symphony of the Night for CV or Prime for Metroid, but more often than not it's bad, like with DmC or Dino Crisis (Seriously, Mutated alien T-Rex?)
---
"They don't love you, they won't pet sit your cats. As a matter of fact for fifty cents they'll beat you with a pool stick till your retinas detach."
#8arstosPosted 2/23/2014 4:20:49 AM
too much change, i'm perfectly happy playing the same game over and over with minor gameplay tweaks and new content, if i wanted something different i'd play a different series. big changes kill series for me, that's why i can't stand half the series i used to love.
---
PSN:Dragonlibrarian
Steam:Dragonlibrarian7
#9NovaKaneXPosted 2/23/2014 5:06:17 AM
In some cases, too much is worse. Perfect example, Gears 1-3, greatness...then there's Gears Judgement O_o

Compared to 1-3, Judgement feels more like an arcade game than an epic action/adventure.
---
"I don't care! I don't give a damn, about the memory of Hulk Hogan!" - Sid Justice
#10Jeh64Posted 2/23/2014 5:13:24 AM
Too much that its ruined.