This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I blame the haters for Lords of Shadow 2's average reviews

#1icewolf74Posted 2/25/2014 9:31:49 AM
So MercurySteam caters to the people who complained about the design of the first game and this is how they were repaid, with average review scores?

WAAHHH...Lords of Shadow is too much like God of War; WAHHHH...Lords of Shadow is too linear; WAHHHH....Lords of Shadow is not Castlevania. WAAHHHH! WAHHH!! WAAHHHHH!!!

So instead of allowing MecurySteam do what they do best, which is create an amazing sequel that is based or plays similarly to the original Lords of Shadow game, they try to cater to everyone and make everyone happy. They remove the linearity for an open-world: apparently the open-world gameplay sucks; they add stealth gameplay to remove the God of War elements: apparently the stealth gameplay sucks; then they try to add more Gothic and vampiric story telling into the game like Castlevania has always had: apparently the story sucks.

So MecurySteam gives the haters what they want and they still hate it. God, I hate gamers and their unyielding desire to complain all thanks to the internet. Seriously, game developers would be smart to disconnect themselves from gamer message boards and fan feedback. Gamers don't know what the hell they want.

With that said, I love Lords of Shadow and Mirror of Fate too much to pass up this sure-to-be amazing sequel. So screw all you haters, including game reviewers, I am gonna get the game and I am going to enjoy every minute of it due to its high production values and strong narratives that the first two games presented itself with.
---
My Current Consoles: PS3, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo Gold, 3DS XL
San Diego Charger's Fan since 1990
#2Mad_CauliflowerPosted 2/25/2014 9:34:10 AM
who cares about reviews.

we get a castlevania game where you play as the bad guy (depending on your perspective), Dracula.

There's enough win in that alone
---
"Didn't open the box." And what was it last time, "Didn't know what the box was?" And yet, we do keep finding each other, don't we?"
#3icewolf74(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 9:36:09 AM
Mad_Cauliflower posted...
who cares about reviews.

we get a castlevania game where you play as the bad guy (depending on your perspective), Dracula.

I like your attitude, my good sir. Hopefully enough people believe this to give this game a buy to thank MercurySteam for an awesome series with amazing sales for an amazing series. Haters be damned! :)
---
#4theshovellerPosted 2/25/2014 9:40:17 AM
who cares about reviews.

You'll care, or else I'll steal your giant mango again!

...... That was a thing recently, right? I could swear I heard it on the news this morning.
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#5knightmere122Posted 2/25/2014 9:40:41 AM
Blame the designers for making a bad game, not the so called "haters".
---
Cincinnati Sports and Buckeye Fan 4 Life
#6Mad_CauliflowerPosted 2/25/2014 9:41:28 AM
icewolf74 posted...
who cares about reviews.

I like your attitude, my good sir. Hopefully enough people believe this to give this game a buy to thank MercurySteam for an awesome series with amazing sales for an amazing series. Haters be damned! :)

man I love Lords of Shadow so much I have

PS3 + both DLCs
PC Ultimate Edition
And the Castlevania Lords of Shadow collection.

After ordering the collection, I bought the Mirror of Fate title on PSN.

I already have the PC version of LoS2 preordered and preloaded, and i'll buy it on PS3 the moment it's in stores.(real f***ing pity i'm working tomorrow)

Absolutely adore their reboot
---
"Didn't open the box." And what was it last time, "Didn't know what the box was?" And yet, we do keep finding each other, don't we?"
#7Mad_CauliflowerPosted 2/25/2014 9:44:29 AM
theshoveller posted...
who cares about reviews.

You'll care, or else I'll steal your giant mango again!

...... That was a thing recently, right? I could swear I heard it on the news this morning.

Not sure, but it's awesome enough to remain as a valid point
---
#8icewolf74(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 9:46:01 AM
knightmere122 posted...
Blame the designers for making a bad game, not the so called "haters".

Nope! The designers were trying to cater to everyone, but they failed in doing so. The haters should have just kept their mouth's shut and let the people who enjoyed the series enjoy it and get more of the same in future games.

It's like if HALO, a classic series that everyone loves except for people who hate FPS games, was suddenly made into a third-person shooter with stealth elements in it too to cater to a wider audience. Halo fans would be pissed for changing what they loved about the series in the first place probably because it wouldn't be done too well.

Oh well, the haters can hate all they want and be miserable in their misery. This gamer is still gonna buy it and love every second of it.
---
#9ReportMeTyreePosted 2/25/2014 9:48:26 AM
sorry everyone isn't a castlevania nut? Get over it and go buy the game, no one cares if you like it or don't.
---
PSN & XBL: TYruler50. Im backkkkkk! Hermeses!
no more space dockers.
#10slymshadyPosted 2/25/2014 10:10:31 AM
I'll check out the reviews as I haven't been following this too closely since DKC just dropped. LoS was really good so ill probably get this after a drastic price drop