This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I blame the haters for Lords of Shadow 2's average reviews

#41RyuVegasPosted 2/26/2014 8:34:28 AM
kingrat2314 posted...
Maybe Mercury Steam is just a below average developer. The popularity of LoS1 was a fluke. None of their games are very good.

Nemerlight posted...
I refuse to buy anything made by MercurySteam. They just keep making crappy games and somehow get rewarded for it.

These kinds of responses NEED to be explained. just saying "they're bad" or "their crap" without explaining why means you have no argument. So get to explainin'.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP- PWAA:DD, Bioshock Infinite
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#42notSFFPosted 2/26/2014 8:52:56 AM
The fact that OP says Ecclesia was "anime" just tells me he never actually played it.
---
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19
#43kel25Posted 2/26/2014 9:09:26 AM
Apparently they didn't give the people what they wanted if what they gave them "sucks." Never cared for the Castlevania series myself but if these features were handled well people wouldn't complain that they suck.
#44theshovellerPosted 2/26/2014 9:15:05 AM
kel25 posted...
Apparently they didn't give the people what they wanted if what they gave them "sucks." Never cared for the Castlevania series myself but if these features were handled well people wouldn't complain that they suck.

Show five people the same thing, you'll get five different answers as to what sucks about it.
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#45demonfang178Posted 2/26/2014 2:37:22 PM
RyuVegas posted...
kingrat2314 posted...
Maybe Mercury Steam is just a below average developer. The popularity of LoS1 was a fluke. None of their games are very good.

Nemerlight posted...
I refuse to buy anything made by MercurySteam. They just keep making crappy games and somehow get rewarded for it.

These kinds of responses NEED to be explained. just saying "they're bad" or "their crap" without explaining why means you have no argument. So get to explainin'.

Speaking of things that need to be explained, I still haven't heard in-depth positives.
#46shawnmckPosted 2/26/2014 2:50:04 PM
I have to agree with you TC, as I think if the Developer were to have just ignored all the complaints and just made LoS2 the way they wanted, it probably would have turned out much better.
I really liked the original, and I remember all the criticisms & complaints, and it seems to me that by trying to satisfy those complainers with this sequel, they turned the game upside down and inside out, and so it looks boring and dare I say just plain dumb, imho.

And you know damn well that no matter what the Developer (Mercury Steam) ended up doing, the game still would have had its torch & pitchfork wielding complainers.

So in the end, the Developer tried to satisfy both camps, and ended up pissing off both.
There is a lesson here.
#47shawnmckPosted 2/26/2014 3:00:04 PM
icewolf74 posted...
Dude, I totally agree with you on everything you wrote. Very nicely articulated too. A couple of thoughts though.

1. Yeah, the hate on this game series being a clone of God of War is pretty ridiculous and childish to say the least, considering that so many game series are a clone of a clone of another clone. So calling one game a clone of another while passing off another game that is a clone of another is pretty lame. I remember when Dante's Inferno, a game that I loved too, got ridiculed for being a clone of God of War too. I remember defending that game pretty adamantly, saying it should be judged on its own game and not as a clone of another game. Unfortunately, it all fell on deaf ears just like Lords of Shadow does too. I guess I just love the "god of war" type games and I always want more action/qte type gameplay; which ironically I have grown very tired of the God of War series since Kratos is the same character in every game over-and-over again. The first few games he was pretty bad ass, but since his character hasn't changed at all, he's grown monotonous and quite repetitive.

^ That is a good (& true) point.
It always bothered me how Castlevania: LoS got ripped for being a "clone" of god of war...yet these naysayers failed to acknowledge that GoW was itself a clone of devil may cry, Soul Reaver, and to some extent Caslevania IV for the SNES. Just like they excuse some games for being clones, but not others. Where is the consistency ?
These morons are always decrying games as being "clones", but at the same time praising other games that are themselves clones of some other game.
Talk about hypocrisy.

The bottom line is that they were just looking for excuses to hate on the game.
The biggest excuse I remember is the one how the music of LoS 1 doesn't compare to the music of Symphony of the Night (an 8 or 16-bit game), so therefore LoS "sucks"....seriously, wtf ?
But these people were being totally serious.
It's really odd (& scary) the lengths that some people will go to in order to convince themselves of something. Objectivity (open-mindedness) be damned.
#48demonfang178Posted 2/26/2014 3:28:59 PM
GoW was itself a clone of devil may cry

No.
#49SuigintouEVPosted 2/26/2014 3:42:25 PM
OP blames haters for bad game.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#50SuigintouEVPosted 2/26/2014 3:52:27 PM
notSFF posted...
The fact that OP says Ecclesia was "anime" just tells me he never actually played it.

Most Metroidvania haters have never even touched a GBA or DS... they just scoff at the idea that other games could have the same level of quality as SotN while using the same formula on a handheld, and so they call them "anime" games based on the artwork, which doesn't even really affect the games, given that they have always been gameplay-oriented a series.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II