This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Open word comic book game you would like to see

#11XxDilaudidxXPosted 2/26/2014 5:39:00 AM(edited)
Other.

Not technically open world...but I wouldn't mind seeing an X-Men game done in the style of XCOM.

I don't know...does it have to be comic books? Cause I can think of a handful of Manga's that would be great as open world games.

If I have to pick a real comic...Ghost Rider?

Dark_Flux posted...
Superman or Dredd.

I really don't get why Superman is on here, there's already been an open world Superman game.

M1Astray posted...
Spider-Man. And while I'm aware it's sort of had them before, I say that thinking of a highly polished open word game with multiple long epic storylines and a city that is basically truly alive with MORE than three kinds of things to do as you web swing.

Ever play Spider Man 2? There's a reason it was and still is considered the best open world super hero game ever made.
---
PSN & Xbox 360 - Dilaudid281
#12JenniferTatePosted 2/26/2014 6:47:04 AM
Judge Dredd, Strontium Dogs, Daredevil, Green Arrow.

These are characters where their cities or world are characters in themselves and would suit an open world.
---
"Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer." - Scott Stratten
#13theshovellerPosted 2/26/2014 7:37:38 AM
I typed this before seeing it said "open-world," but heck with it - I still think these would make some pretty nifty comic-based games.

Other:

Power Girl - Good graphics, and who cares about the rest - a win in my book!

Witchblade - Always thought it'd be interesting, and given how The Darkness 2 wound up, I wouldn't be surprised if we see more elements from this universe show up in the Darkness games / other games in the universe, involving the Angelus, the Witchblade, and the Magdalena.

Gen13 - I don't think this is a "thing" anymore, but I liked what I read of it from a few random points in the comic series. Could be an action game with multiple player characters, or just make it a sort of beat-em-up with the different characters having different playstyles.

Bone - Traveler's Tales actually made two Bone games already. I only played the first one, and it was extremely short and lacking. I would love to see this series get the love it deserves.
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#14ComradeRyanPosted 2/26/2014 8:03:48 AM
The Walking Dead.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#15Devilman_AmonPosted 2/26/2014 8:21:55 AM
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#16UltimatesTruthPosted 2/26/2014 8:27:19 AM
I find it awesome how Green Arrow's votes equals Superman.

Man, Green Arrow got popular after its amazing show on CW.
#17themegaman7Posted 2/26/2014 8:32:34 AM
Wait, Judge Dredd is a comic book? I thought he was a movie?
---
3DS FC: 0817-3836-3544 - PSN: Expa0
- NISSAN > ICE CAR -
#18smerf1Posted 2/26/2014 8:34:17 AM
themegaman7 posted...

He is a man. Not a Movie.
#19theshovellerPosted 2/26/2014 8:36:06 AM
themegaman7 posted...

Originally a comic book - I think it was the AD2000 series, or something? But yeah, if you watch one of the mini "making of" things on the new Dredd bluray, they go into how the artist never drew Dredd without his helmet on, and the one time he did draw Dredd without a helmet on it was so bad that the editor told him to make it into a thing in the comic (and thus the panel had a big "Censored" bar over the top of his head and everyone else was gagging and asking him what the hell happened to his face.)

But yeah, it was a comic first.
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#20smerf1Posted 2/26/2014 8:38:13 AM
theshoveller posted...
themegaman7 posted...

Originally a comic book - I think it was the AD2000 series, or something? But yeah, if you watch one of the mini "making of" things on the new Dredd bluray, they go into how the artist never drew Dredd without his helmet on, and the one time he did draw Dredd without a helmet on it was so bad that the editor told him to make it into a thing in the comic (and thus the panel had a big "Censored" bar over the top of his head and everyone else was gagging and asking him what the hell happened to his face.)

But yeah, it was a comic first.

Then we saw his face in that god aweful old Dredd movie.