This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RPGs that give me a lot of stuff to do

#1MarndosPosted 3/9/2014 5:40:37 AM
It's kinda hard to explain, but I've always liked RPGs that give me lots of things to worry about. Lots of things to level up, lots of systems to mess with, lots of things to find...basically any RPG with a lot of "meat" to the gameplay. It's why I've never really preferred games like FF13 or Tales, where you essentially just glide along the storyline and the gameplay, while fun at times, isn't really something I can sink my teeth into for more than a minute at a time.

Ni no Kuni is a good (and relatively recent) example of what I'm talking about. While you move along with the story, there's a ton of other things going on, like errands and bounties, alchemy, building up your pokemanz, exploring the world map to find hidden items, so on and so forth. I'm one of those people who spent half their Star Ocean 2 game time messing with the item creation system because it was something new and mysterious at the time, and was obsessed with building up my HQ to its maximum capacity in the Suikoden games. Story be damned, gimme more complex gameplay!

Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions, namely in the PS2, PS3, or PC* libraries. Anything PS1 and earlier I've probably played already.

(*Please don't mention older PC RPGs. Nothing against them, but I can't play masterpieces like Planescape Torment anymore just due to the sluggish pace and archaic gameplay)
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#2Mad_CauliflowerPosted 3/9/2014 5:46:18 AM
witcher 2
Skyrim
---
New game releases these days, are just like boss fights. Wait and wait until you see a weakness... it's all that matters
#3ryanrolainPosted 3/9/2014 6:31:25 AM
Disgaea series
#4DAP1MP13Posted 3/9/2014 6:45:40 AM
You're basically going to get the same replies as your old topic………
---
NYC. The City never sleeps, it's full of villains and creeps, it's where I learned to do my hustle, had to scuffle with freaks.
PSN ID: DAP1MP13
#5Marndos(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 7:13:57 AM
DAP1MP13 posted...
You're basically going to get the same replies as your old topic………

My what?
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#6SolidKnightPosted 3/9/2014 1:29:49 PM
Dark Souls. It's all meat.
#7distr0iaPosted 3/9/2014 9:37:59 PM
Dragon's Dogma. You not only increase your character's level, you can upgrade every weapon or piece of armor you have, you can switch between jobs and spend points on different abilities, your job level itself increases, and that's just your main character; you also create a pawn whom you have to keep track of the same stuff for.

There are many quests to take on and big areas to explore. You find tons of junk to add to your inventory, a lot of which can be combined to make all kinds of stuff. You also hire two additional pawns to adventure with and you have to consider your party's balance in this fashion.

Lots going on.
#8ShinXaguraPosted 3/9/2014 9:47:32 PM
Disgaea Games
Tales Games
---
My life is Disgaea.
#9KurizakaPosted 3/9/2014 9:50:44 PM
You'd probably enjoy Disgaea.
#10Bac0n01Posted 3/9/2014 10:02:29 PM
Skyrim.
---
GT: bac0n01