This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Space was recommended to me here for its scary aspect.

#1RJP_XPosted 3/15/2014 2:34:26 PM
I'm loving the hell out of the game, its like TLoU type of game play except a lot more fun to get into, but I don't find anything scary about this game. I'm on the beginning of chp.7 out of 12, so maybe it gets scarier. Idk. It just seems like, shoot to kill all who jump in your path. Nothing scary really though. lol.
---
"That's pimpish, pass the Mack 10 to my apprentice
While I get a pen and pad to print this" -Roc Marciano
#2Muv-LuvPosted 3/15/2014 2:38:05 PM
If you're still not scared now it won't change later.
---
Get hyped for The Raid 2!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6yUHHfZ04
#3RJP_X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 2:40:33 PM
Ahhh! =( I just ordered DS2 as well. So hopefully I'll enjoy it just as much at least then, but yeah nothing about DS1 has seemed scary. Maybe a few certain rooms with its way of lighting earlier in, but it hasn't done that since the beginning.
---
#4Pop_SecretPosted 3/15/2014 2:41:37 PM
How the hell is it anything like the last of us? Because they're both TPS?
#5distr0iaPosted 3/15/2014 2:42:58 PM
Same here.

Awesome game, but too many safety nets to generate scares.
#6RJP_X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 2:43:53 PM
So what would be considered the scariest of scary game? None? Fatal Frame 1 was pretty good in that aspect, but 2 was meh for that. I'm playing through SH1 as well and its not scary at all either. I have the HD collection of 2 & 3 to play after, so I hope they do some justice.
---
#7RJP_X(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 2:44:45 PM
Pop_Secret posted...
How the hell is it anything like the last of us? Because they're both TPS?

I'm thinking of the upgrade bench and the way you move when in TPS mode. >.>
---
#8Ness0123456789Posted 3/15/2014 2:47:46 PM(edited)
If you're not frightened by jump scares, than yeah, Dead Space won't exactly be the most frightening thing ever for you, and sadly that is the majority of the scares in Dead Space.

The trilogy is still an amazing series, though, and is definitely worth playing for the atmosphere alone, which just gets better and better as you go from game to game.

RJP_X posted...
So what would be considered the scariest of scary game? None? Fatal Frame 1 was pretty good in that aspect, but 2 was meh for that. I'm playing through SH1 as well and its not scary at all either. I have the HD collection of 2 & 3 to play after, so I hope they do some justice.

Try Amnesia (the original, not a Machine for Pigs) on the PC. Though keep in mind to get the full experience, you really do need to play with a headset on, and in a dark room, preferably at night.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#9BeknessPosted 3/15/2014 2:46:55 PM
I don't think I've ever been scared of things that are actually meant to be scary, just scared of other things that most people aren't scared of. I'm weird that way.

Is that the only reason you wanted to play it? Are you still enjoying it otherwise?
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/
R<3B http://i.imgur.com/FMiRlxP.jpg xx Now reading - Kill Your Boss & Parasite Eve
#10epictetus1216Posted 3/15/2014 2:47:51 PM
After awhile you just get jaded by "scary" games. They're so predictable. The only game that threw some chills down my spine this gen was F.E.A.R.