This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many of you, like me, like games TOO much? I mean I love most games.

#1RyuVegasPosted 3/16/2014 2:59:37 PM
There is a lot of hate that radiates off of gamers today towards games, especially stuff at stuff like Reboots like DmC and Tomb Raider, or "Interactive Movies" like Uncharted, or even just hate towards a development company in general, such as the vitriol Ninja Theory(creators of Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, as well as developer of DmC) or Mercury Steam(Most notably made the Castlevania Lords of Shadow games).

But I'm not like that. I give everything a fair shot, sometimes even second and third chances. Hell even the games I dislike greatly - which are particularly the Elder Scrolls franchise and Fallout franchise and Zombie Games - I can see the appeal for the fans that DO WANT those kinds of games. I just understand they aren't for me.

So what's the count or deal with you others out there? Anyone just love gaming so much you can't really find a good reason to hate any part of it? Gaming is such a unique medium its crazy how much hatred seeths from fans of games. I hear the phrase "this particular entry in a franchise ruin/soiled the entire franchise." It seems crazy to me people think like this. Gaming is a gift to the world and most of gamers spit in the developers and other game creators faces when they get the chance.

Where's the love, mates?
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP-South Park: StickOfTruth, PWAA:DD
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#2BluBlue4Posted 3/16/2014 3:16:05 PM
I agree that (at least in online forums) there seems to be alot of negativity. When I interact with someone through PSN or an online lobby it tends to be that people react in a good way. We are having fun after all. Thinking forums are a total representation of gamers is incorrect.

I like to think I give things a fair shot. I still found DmC to be horrible. I can easily see that some people liked the game. I liked the previous series very much. Simply understanding that they aren't for me doesn't make certain games any less flawed. Blind love seems almost as flawed as blind hate.
---
There is this guy called Evil Cole. Throughtout his entire life he deals with morals and karma. He's a standup individual - Davidgrayman
#3SoaringDivePosted 3/16/2014 3:20:10 PM
This behavior exists beyond just games. You know the annoying uncle that won't shut up about how "old music is better than new music", but won't listen to anything older than what he grew up with? That guy is synonymous with GFAQs.
---
Check out my sound cloud! I write orchestra pieces, sometimes piano solos: https://soundcloud.com/soaringdive
#4phoenix_alphaPosted 3/16/2014 3:21:11 PM
I think exactly the same. I understand that people dislike some games or genres, but I don't get the sort of irrational hate they seem to get from some people. It's like some people play games only to find their defects (real or imaginary) and then loudly complain about them in the internet.
#5BluBlue4Posted 3/16/2014 3:24:09 PM
SoaringDive posted...
This behavior exists beyond just games. You know the annoying uncle that won't shut up about how "old music is better than new music", but won't listen to anything older than what he grew up with? That guy is synonymous with GFAQs.

Next time some says that I'll have new way to shut them up, thank you.

I was aware of the people only remembering the most popular/best songs of 'the better days' and comparing that to the average radio song.

But how far they go back never came to me.
---
There is this guy called Evil Cole. Throughtout his entire life he deals with morals and karma. He's a standup individual - Davidgrayman
#6SpitinsideyouPosted 3/16/2014 3:25:29 PM
Games aren't very good right now, they are mostly sequels or ripoffs.
Simple as that.

When something is of poor quality, people respond negatively to it.
---
"Warning, the following links will take you to Kotaku"
#7zooknutPosted 3/16/2014 3:27:47 PM
its just hear on gaming forums in real life if i bring up a game im playing or visa versa and the person im talking to dosent like it thats usually the end of the conversation about the game or the genre or even (which is never discussed) the devs
#8RyuVegas(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 3:28:21 PM
BluBlue4 posted...
I like to think I give things a fair shot. I still found DmC to be horrible. I can easily see that some people liked the game. I liked the previous series very much. Simply understanding that they aren't for me doesn't make certain games any less flawed. Blind love seems almost as flawed as blind hate.

This is a fair point. I agree blind love is is just as bad as blind hate(I believe many of us call those people "fanboys/fangirls") but since you brought up DmC specifically I might as well share my thoughts:

Thanks to PS+ I finally got a chance to play it. I mean I kinda enjoy it... but I also have the DMC Collection digitally, and can see how much they kinda threw most of the ideas of the original games out the window. I still try to give DmC a shot, especially because of that absolutely badass metal music, but the more I play it, the more I'm just like "I can kinda see why original fans of DMC despise this game." For me its the equivalent to most people's complaints about Lords of Shadow: DmC should have just been a new IP action/hack'n'slash game, not a game tied to the Devil May Cry franchise.
---
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#9RyuVegas(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 3:30:52 PM
Spitinsideyou posted...
Simple as that.

"games aren't very good right now" and "they are mostly sequels or ripoffs" DO NOT inherently correlate. Stop this nonsense you're spewing right now. Some of the best games in existence are sequels or "ripoffs." Am I going to list them? NO. Because you decided to respond like this so you don't deserve a proper response.
---
#10ToadWarriorPosted 3/16/2014 3:37:23 PM(edited)
RyuVegas posted...
Spitinsideyou posted...
Simple as that.

"games aren't very good right now" and "they are mostly sequels or ripoffs" DO NOT inherently correlate. Stop this nonsense you're spewing right now. Some of the best games in existence are sequels or "ripoffs." Am I going to list them? NO. Because you decided to respond like this so you don't deserve a proper response.

I'll list some.

Castlevania SotN
Final Fantasy 6
Super Metroid
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Dark Souls
Resident Evil 2
Final Fantasy Tactics
Metal Gear Solid 3